- vingt-trois demi -

I held the newspaper to my chest but then I could here movement coming from downstairs. Emma was back with her dad and she was coming upstairs. I quickly hid the article under my bed and got up.

"Aunt Lena, dinner's almost ready and it's kinda special because it's the last time I'm seeing Ashton, so please get ready."

Ashton will be coming over and most likely he is here already. I had no intentions of telling that boy anything just a day before he leaves Australia, hopefully everything would work out fine.

I walked down the staircase and Ashton sat down talking with Emma and the rest of the family, he frowned a bit when he saw and I understood why, I shouldn't have thrown him out of the house.

"Ashton, I'm sorry." I said and everyone looked at me clueless

"What's going on?" Emma asked. The newspaper flew down the staircase and landed in front of Ashtons feet. He looked at it, holding up the crumpled paper and reading it. I tried to grab the paper but he kept it.

"Helena what has gotten into you?" Drew asked.

"Is that you?" Ashton said, with red eyes pointing to the picture on the paper.

"Ashton.......yes, it's me." I said those words he got up and ran out the house with the paper in one hand and Emma followed.

Ashton's POV

"Ashton........yes, it's me."

I hate her also, what the fùck just happened?

I ran out the front door holding on tightly to the paper and continued my journey to my treehouse. I loved that treehouse.

Emma followed me I couldn't blame her, it wasn't her fault. It was dark and I could barely see, climbing up the ladder and then I put the light on flopping myself on the ground, reading the paper over again.

"Ashton." she said taking a seat next to me. I rest my head on her shoulder, whimpering. Tears streamed down my face and unto her clothes, Emma embraced me kissing my cheek and running her hands in my hair.

She soothed me, she was caring and reminded me of the loving side of my father, one of the reasons why I love her so much but my dad broke my heart, I don't think Emma would do that.

She took the paper from my hands and scrolled through it, carefully. Her eyes swoll up and she cared, not that I did know know that .

"My dad's dead and it's her fault." She pressed her face against mine, speechless when we had uninvited guests in this treehouse.

"What are you doing here?" I growled, watching Helena's every move. I officially lost all my respect for her.

"Ashton I'm sorry abour your dad, will you ever forgive me?"

"Let's see, ever since my dad left, my mom has been constantly working, all father/ son activities at school I missed out, at primary school I would get teased and the worst one is, I almost killed myself."

"Ashton, you need to forget the past, in the present we all move on in life but you dont."

"So are those kids, my dad's?"

"No they're my kids, my husband actually died in the army and my maiden name was Paul until I got married to Emma's uncle."

"Oh....that changes absolutely nothing."

Helena's POV

Ashton shoved past me and got out the treehouse and Emma and I stayed.

"Emma can you please make sure he returns home safely?" She was angry with me too, obviously, it was her boyfriend. Emma gave me stare and I knew she was not proud, leaving me and going to Ashton.

I looked at the paintings all hung up on the wall. They were really nice, Rob was an artist and Ashton followed in his footsteps. My hand covered my mouth and I wept. I ruined this boy's life. I smelt smoke coming from somewhere, it was thick and I could have barely breathed.

I climbed down the ladder and I saw a fire spreading in the back of treehouse. If I ran to get help it would be too late, I already ruined this for Ashton a day before his tour so I did not want Ashton to lose all his paintings, they were his cherished memories.

I climbed up the ladder and threw the paintings 6 ft out of the window, hopefully they all landed safetly but there was alot yo get out. Eventually when I got all out, it was too late.

-

Never said I was a happy person lol.

I just wanted you to get that things happen in life for a reason but you cant blame people forever, just get over it and live your life bc in the end, you'll never get to re-live anything again and who knows what could happen?

Anyways just the name Helena shoulda suggest she was gonna die. Helena~ MCR. The music video? The dead lady dancing in a church? Coffin?

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE TEASER FOR MY NEW BOOK: LOS ANGELES || A.I.

Yeah I gotta advertise this new book and stuff lol