Unlimited

Dumbledore led me into the great hall, where four long tables had been set for each of the houses. The professors were milling about the head table on the dais, chatting and catching up with one another. They all paused when we enter, the heels of our boots clacking on the stone floor, echoing off the high vaulted ceiling where stars twinkled overhead. 

"May I introduce Miss (Y/N) (L/N), our new head of security." He introduced, motioning towards me. I set my bag down and straightened up to my full height, trying to appear as though I deserved the title.

"And," A prim toad-faced woman in a tragedy of a pink tweed suit asked, "what are your qualifications for such a post?"

"I have a number of names," I said, my eyes meeting hers, "In Colorado they called me spirit walker, in Lousiana shadow talker, in the Dakotas I was called Windingo Tamer."

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?" She chuckled, looking from me to her fellow professors, who thankfully seemed more respectful.

Holding out my hand, I closed my eyes, pulling shadows hiding in the corners of the room into my hand, where it formed into a sphere no bigger than an apple. Then for emphasis, I exhaled slowly, casting an image of myself beside the toad faced woman. The solid apparition said with a smile, "It means my magic is not limited by a wand and spells."

I opened my eyes again, the apparition disappearing and the shadows dissolving into nothingness. Dumbledore clapped his hands, "Isn't that marvelous? An excellent addition to our staff, I think."