Bloody Awful Trick

I woke sometime after the sun was high in the sky. Severus' sleeping form lay next to me, half-covered with a blanket. As quietly as I could, I started to slip out bed only to find Severus' hand on my hip. 

"Good morning," His sleepy tone made me look at him, "Sneaking off are we?"

Settling back down beside him, I replied, "I was going to get us some coffee."

Severus wrapped his arm around me, drawing me to him, "The coffee can wait. We need to talk."

It took nearly an hour for Severus to tell me everything. His time as a death eater, then as a double agent for Dumbledore. He told me everything that was going on, divulging secrets that could have gotten him killed. As he spoke, my eyes drifted to the tattoo on his arm. How had I not noticed that before?

Shaking my head, I got out of bed. I couldn't wrap my head around all of this. 

"(Y/N)," Severus said, reaching for me as I got dressed. 

"No," I snapped, turning to face him as I tied my dressing robe shut, "You could have told me all this before we slept with each other. That was a bloody awful trick!"

Severus sat up, "I promised to tell you and I have. I've been nothing but honest with you."

"You're a bloody death eater," I hissed, trying to control myself. 

That made Severus get out of bed. Dressing quickly, he spat, "You know exactly why I do what I do. Or do I need to repeat myself?"

He took one step towards me. Drawing every shadow in the room to me, I formed a wall between us. I didn't want him to touch me. 

"I see," Severus' face was stony and his voice as cold as ice. He took one last look at me before walking out the door, slamming it shut behind him.