Umbridge

I stayed as far away from Severus as possible while I tried to figure out my feelings. In a castle the size of Hogwarts, it wasn't hard to do. With him teaching classes during the day and I patrolling the corridors and grounds at night, I only saw him during meals. Even then, I sat as far away as possible. If any of the other staff noticed, they didn't say a damned thing about it. 

"My dear, if you wouldn't mind stepping into my office," Umbridge cornered me as I was attempting to leave the dining hall. I paused, wondering what the hell the horrible woman wanted. I had been so preoccupied with my own problems, I had hardly noticed her take Hogwarts into her meaty grasp. 

"As long as it's quick," I replied, the hairs standing on the back of my neck as I stepped into her pink-clad office. The kittens in the plates on her walls unsettled me in a way I couldn't quite describe. 

"I just wanted you to be aware of changes happening," Umbridge said primly, "Tea?"

I shook my head, choosing to remain standing just inside the doorway. I didn't want to stay a minute longer in this room than I needed to. 

"From now on, if you find a student out of bed," Umbridge carried on as she poured herself a cup, "I want you to report to me."

I gave her an incredulous look, "I'm sorry, but I believe I report to the headmaster, not you."

Umbridge's glare could have made Hell freeze over, "We shall see."