Don't Leave

After a long while, Severus slowly pulled out, leaving an empty feeling in my core. Instead of laying next to me, he got up and began to get dressed. I watched with a sinking feeling in my chest. 

When he saw my face, Severus ceased buttoning his shirt and came over to kneel beside the bed. Brushing my hair out of my face, he murmured, "What is it?"

"I guess I'm trying to sort everything out," I shook my head, look up into his dark eyes. 

Severus kissed me softly, a sharp contrast to what had just happened, before replying, "Do you trust me?"

I nodded and that seemed to be sufficient enough. Severus got up and went to grab the vial I had set off to the side. Uncorking it, he handed it to me. I downed the chalky liquid in one go, grimacing at the taste. 

Satisfied, Severus leaned back over and kissed me on more time, "I will be back before the sun comes up, I promise. Please, don't leave. There are things happening tonight, but it will be safe to come back to the school tomorrow."

"But Umbridge sacked me," I gave him a questioning look as I sat up. 

Severus gave me a smile, "Everything will be different in the morning, I promise." 

With that, he gave me one final kiss before leaving, making sure the door was shut firmly behind him.