Eclipse

I didn't talk to Severus for nearly a month. I wouldn't even look at him during meals I attended even though we sat next to each other at the head table. If he wanted to throw the white flag and apologize, then I might be kinder. But he had no right to scold me like a child.

When I woke after a night of patrol, everything felt off. There was weird electricity in the air that made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. I checked my charts but saw nothing out of the ordinary.  

The odd feeling stayed with me all day, peaking when the students and staff were gathered outside to witness Umbridge casting out the Divinations Professor, an excentric woman named Trelawney. I hung on the fringes of the crowd as Umbridge acted like the bully she was, my blood boiling.

As I watched, the air became more electric with every passing moment. I looked up to see what was unmistakenly an eclipse. Sucking in a breath, I dissipated in a cloud of smoke, only to reanimate in my tower room. 

As the sun was slowly blocked out, I scrambled for my grounding crystals, needing every bit of help I could get. The new moon was always bad, but an eclipse was ten times worse. 

The moment the sun dipped out of sight, I felt my stomach clench and heave. Falling to my knees, I dry heaved into the ashes of the fire from the previous night. It felt like my power was trying to tear through my skin, my entire body shaking uncontrollably. I continued to dry heave until the acid made my throat bleed. Flecks of blood soaked the ash, leaving reddish-grey smears on my hands. 

Suddenly a set of hands were on my shoulders, pushing me to lay down on my side. The world pitched sideways, my stomach revolting at the sudden movement. I closed my eyes, hoping that would help, but if anything it made it worse. 

When I couldn't stop shaking, the hands rolled me on my back just enough to press a small glass vial to my lips. Pressing my lips shut, I tried to shake my head. I couldn't drink anything, there was no way. 

One hand pinched my nose shut while the other forced my mouth to open. A bitter-tasting liquid was tipped down my throat. With no way to breathe, I was forced to swallow.

As soon as it was down, I gasped and gagged, knowing I would throw it back up. 

"Don't," A voice above me warned, "Or I'll make you drink another one."

At least, I think that's what the voice said. Whatever they had given me was quickly pulling me into an abyss of deep and uninterrupted sleep.