Part 6

Her soft innocent smile and giggle echoed inside the car, she did not actually need any reason or anyone to make her happy in fact she was happy herself within her own little world. Her eyes twinkled when they passed through the colourfull building making her almost jumping from her baby seat. Arnav had to keep his hand on her leg to balance her extra enthusiasm. And feeling someone trying to restrain her freedom, her doe like eyes looked up to meet his.

"RrrPpp..Arrr..Pppp"

Probably she was conveying her unpleasantness to him finding him trying to stop her, she wanted to be free. Arnav raised his brow with amusement seeing her gesture and slowly took his hand away from her little lap. She became happy and started tapping on the glass window. She was enjoying the ride that morning, more over the man beside her also let her be happy in her own way and her little heart demanded nothing more.

His phone rang, diverting his eyes towards it from Aashi. It was flashing "Home."

"Hi Aryan.", he knew of course it would be his son's call to enquire about him and Aashi's arrival.

"Baba.. Is Aashi with you??", her impatience to have his friend made him father smile.

"Yes, She is."

"Oh.. What is she doing??"

"She is playing basketball with me Aryan."

"Sachi??"

Arnav shook his head, that innocent son of his. He asked in between his gaze from Aashi and roadway..

"Waise, What should Baba get for his Aryan?? Kya chahiye aap ko??"

Aryan took a long pause, may be trying to count what he needed. But he had everything previuously, his Baba had made sure of it. But yes, right now when he was opening fridge in hidden he could not find any Swiss role. Looking around finding Nani no where near by he whispered softly.

"Baba.. I want Swiss Ball."

"Done.. Let me grab that for you and we will be at home soon."

"Bye Baba.."

The call ended. His car came to screech before the bakery shop. Getting down from car, he moved towards the other side and open window. Even before he could extend his hand and unbuckled Aashi, she had already extended her arms indicating him to lift her. Arnav was amaze.

"Let me unlock it at least. Can I??", he eyes towards her seat and as if understanding him, Aashi looked down. And soon that little body was lifted up from baby seat, just like Aryan likes to do Arnav found Aashi wrapping her tiny arms around his neck. Her eyes looked around, people, things, vehicles and the never ending roadway. She looked back at the man in whose arms she was residing. Nothing felt familiar to her, this surrounding and those people were new. She looked into eyes, as if trying to say something and what Arnav could not understand. But her eyes did not leave him, she kept on watching his face until he softly touched her cheek caressing her face.

And soon she just buried her face in his neck peeping in in-between.

There was something new yet a very old feeling, new yet old scene started playing before his eyes with this gesture of Aashi, the way her fingers held his collar and the way she kept her chin on his shoulder.. He had always had such experience, he had already console a little innocent baby just like a few years back. Only a single change was this time it was not Aryan, it was Aashi in his arms.. But with same look, same trust, same need to be console she showed her dependency on him.

"Yes Sir, How can I help you??"

He was back from trance with the voice at the bakery shop. Nodding his head he ordered some swiss role and waited at the counter to pay. It took some time and Arnav waited, his one hand was holding Aashi while the other one tried to rub her back when he found the crowd increasing. She started feeling unease with noise.