Part 20

Women.

Respect, emotion, happiness of whom has always been challenged, questioned. Everyone goes with the slogan of creating a society where the man and the woman will be the same, and behind the door this slogan takes place either on the wall of those social sites or the so-called women centric drama and all. And that's it, our responsibility ended there creating and watching this. Why does it look good only speaking but not doing it in action.

It was Draupadi in Dwapar, it was Sita in Treteya..and all those unknown and hidden characters who were never brought to front to discuss about. Even today, in this so-called civilized and genius planet her existence has always been given with a question mark. Debate never stopped, argument has always decided the winner and the loser..but what about the topic of argument?? Has she really got the justice and her freedom??

What's her role actually?? Why is she exploited so easily as if she the only soldier in battle field??

It's her body, why can't she be given the chance to love her body?? It's her emotion, why can't she be given the chance to portray her emotion without thinking of the second thought?? It's her happiness, Is it so difficult to let that happiness bloom??

Matru Pitru Devo Bhavah!!

God created parents because he can't always be there at anytime, but a father and mother can be, family can be, her friend and relative can be!! God believed theses are the people who can protect the child, love the child and secure her innocence with affection. And then?? What if the savior of the child becomes the one who kills it, tortures it and becomes the reason of Scare in its life. Can't a child be safe even with these people of her or his?? They are also human, Can't they be given the freedom to be happy and live a better life away from this disgusted world??

Why child is so cheap and easy to torture?? Where humanity takes its shelter?? Why the definition of right and wrong comes to pause when the child cries at the corner?? Will this society ever change?? Will this fight ever end??

Khushi took a deep breath. Her thought waved inside her, asking her many questions and then again finding no replies takes a backseat. Since yesterday she was fearing of her own past, the terrible phase she had gone through, the terrible mask of people she had seen and faced! Her grief was killing her within, but after coming to know about Naina.. Suddenly her grief felt lighter. At least she has the family, the father with whom she has safe and secured..And Naina, she was even unfortunate here.. may be unfortunate is a wrong words to use for Nain..

Something wet touched her shoulder blade, she looked at her side to find Arnav resting beside her on bed. She had no clue when he joined after done with his shower. She needed to give a pause to her thought process and concentrate for this moment.

"How is your headache??"

"Ahh.. It's still there, but I guess a better after shower."

He replied while pressing the bridge of his nose, Khushi watched him for a moment before getting down from bed. She had some aspirin in her handbag, taking one tablet and the towel she came back.

"Dry your hair.. You will fall sick otherwise and have this medicine."

He did not argue much just accepted and gulped down the tablet. Khushi was again back to her place, Aashi and Aryan were busy with their animal planet channel on television oblivious to their surrounding. A minute later Khushi felt something in her lap and looked down.

"Can you please press my head Khushi??"

In reply she bent down and pressed her lips affectionately on his forehead. Not getting any sleep last night, with intense and heart wrenching breaking down and reliving the worst phase of life while confessing, Arnav welcomed the next sun with a severe headache. Her fingers tried to create some magic, he slowly shut his eyes.