Part 7

Her eyes travelled around, people were busy talking, sharing jokes, drinks and foods. All were happy, more over her best friend was happy. It was not that she was not happy there, but that twisting ache in her chest was not letting her be content. She was not rasing doubt about Aashi's well being at Raizada house, her faith in him made her take this step to let Aashi go. She just knew he would be there to look after her and ensure her safety. But that motherly instinct within her was not allowing her to understand any logic, because mother's affection is beyond everything. she has tried several times to pick up her phone and dial Arnav's number but each time she stopped, what if he starts thinking she does doubt him in regard to the baby's well being.

But at last everything made her fail defeated. Excusing from others, she kept her drink aside and moved away towards fountain dialing his number. After 2-3 ring, she was getting more restless when he became late to respond and then her call got rejected. Many bad thoughts started waving inside her mind inspite of her attempt to keep them at bay.

And then her phone vibrated with a video call. She looked down and it was from Arnav's, her fingers did shake when she slide on screen and then the scene was before her eyes made her feel more emotional. Aashi was sitting on sofa beside Aryan and then Nani. Aryan and Aashi were sharing some pomegranate seeds from the bowl, and as usual her daughter was spoiling more and eating less. Aryan looked back at his father..

"Baba, Come here na."

And following him, Aashi also tried to imitate waving hand just like him and speaking in her own created language. Khushi chuckled, her baby was happy, she was having nice people to give her company more over he was there to look after them. She ended the video call, looking down covered her face in her palm. Her eyes were not teary but she felt chocked to think ahead. Her phone rang again, it was flashing Arnav.

"Hello."

"She is fine here."

"I knew she would be.. it's just that.."

"You don't need to explain, you know that."

She did not speak anything further, neither he asked. There was silence again, and this silence was not creating odd. It was soothing, making them feel good, making them feel connected with the medium of kids.

"I'll be there in 2 hours."

"Sure Khushi."

"And Arnav..Thank you.", she expressed her gratitude. She wanted him to convey that this efforts he was taking was accepted and appreciated by her. The phrase "Thank You" is very small, but can make someone feel so better and one of the best way to address the efforts taken by others, Khushi understood.

*********************

Aryan fell into sleep quickly, Arnav pressed his lips on his forehead. He was really in a playful mood today and hardly got seated for 5 minutes except his eating time. He was happy and extremely joyful beside Aashi. Tucking him softly in bed, Arnav got up from bed. Standing by balcony, his eyes looked above the starry sky and it's never ending charisma.

A new life was knocking on door softly, some new people were coming and capturing his world, trying to share his life. And this beginning feels good, there was no temptation in his mind but there was openness to accept this change as well. Being a person who holds no grudges for any people, past and all.. Arnav once again waited for the time to serve its best and his turn to deliver its best.

Khushi..

Just like things were new for her, same was for her as well. Just like there were questions society wants to ask him, the same was for her as well. Just like it was a second chance for him, the same was for her as well.. And as far as he has met her, learned her he knew she was trying to accept everything slowly in her life. Allowing him and Aryan in her life, letting Aashi be with them..these were not a very easy steps to take like they were appearing. He could understand that battle within her, but she was trying not to let anything affect her and her feeling. She was trying to be honest, though not being vocal.