Part 28

It would be a white lie if he tried to say this sudden confession that Khushi just made, did not affect him. It did affect him, even though he was aware of her being a divorcee and their marriage was a second chance in her life. He had no idea whether the sudden tension bubbled inside him at the mention of Abhinash Raichand being her ex-husband, would have been still the same if there were any other man in place of Abhinash Raichand. It felt so heavy and disturbing to grasp, that man with whom he had been doing business together for all these days, was no other than his wife's ex-husband.  

And again her words about Aashi made him more puzzled.

Her current statement and the picture of that Khushi who was posing for a photo before camera keeping her hand softly on her little baby bump, flashed in front of his eyes which he had found during their stay at Gupta House during holi session. He clearly does remember that..

"I.. I had found out a picture of yours when we had been to Gupta House during Holi.. And in that picture.. You were..Pregnant Khushi..??"

These sentences were whether in question form or in statement form, was difficult for him to conclude. He looked into her eyes, wishing and waiting for her to solve this. And then found her eyes moistening up and she looked away before saying..

"Yeah.. I was pregnant.. But.. I had my miscarriage and lost it.. And meeting Aashi was destined by fate, when she came to me, more than her, I needed her to live.."

She failed to look into his eyes while saying, he had become an expert to read between the lines of her words. Before her blurry vision, some hazy image of past flashed once again. The news of her pregnancy and then the..declaration..to give a full stop to this..She was  hardly given a chance either to rejoice the happiness of going to be a mother or cry over the loss of her infant.

"Khushi.."

He called out her name.. Something was just not fitting here but he was too confused to know what was that.

"But..Aashi is mine Arnav..She is.. just mine."

Her tears finally fell when she added slowly, her baby deserved the best life and she prayed, after  this confession she just made, nothing should affect that beautiful life of her girl. Aashi was innocent, she was pure and she belonged to her..does not matter whether she shared her blood and flesh or not, does not matter whether she had nurture Aashi within her for 9 months or not. Her mind recollected Arnav's words when he was saying how he had planned everything for Aashi and Aryan..

Will he still stick to that plan of his??

That beautiful image of future, he just showed.. Will he help her to build that future for Aashi??

Will he love her..just like he was doing some minutes back??

Will she be his daughter.. Can she be his daughter once again??

Her lips trembled, she slowly held his hand in her and moved an inch closer, "Please.. please don't stop loving her Arnav..She..My Aashi.. can't bear it.. and.."

Before him, the same words were going on in repeat mode that he had uttered days back to Khushi In Mumbai. It was Aryan in his plead and request and today It was Aashi, in her prayer to him. The circle of life, keeping rotating again and again. That day, the assurance and believe was from Khushi's part to perform and today, it on his part to do..

Arnav just kept on watching her face..

Before she could speak further, his phone rang. Both were forced to get back to their present status in-spite of their reluctance. This talk was still pending. Taking his phone out from his pants pocket, he found Rita's name flashing. An exchange of gaze between them happened before he swiped the screen.. Rita hardly used to call on his mobile.