Part 16

"When will Baba come Maa"

It was dinner time, and she heard the very same question for the 5th time since she was back from office. Aryan was staring at his mother, hoping her mother would reply that his Baba to be appeared like magic. His heart longed for his warmth.

Tearing a little piece of roti, Khushi dripped in daal and pulled Aryan in her lap. Aryan opened his mouth accepting the morsel prepared for him. Khushi pressed her lips against his soft locks.

"Soon.. Baba will be here soon."

Aryan spoke nothing, just looked down. he has become silent these days not finding his father beside him for last 13 days, he had never been away for so long. Then why, this time?? Will not he come back to him anymore?? Has Baba left him?? But Baba says, he is his best baby.. Then?? His eyes got moisten, though he tried to wipe his eyelashes.

"Aap ro rahe hai Aryan??"

He sniffed but did not look up. Khushi felt her heart just broke when she felt that tiny drop of tear on her wrist falling down from Aryan's beautiful blue eyes. getting up from her seat, she placed Aryan back and kneeled down before him. His eyes were reddish a little. Khushi took his little hand in her.

"Kya hua?? Missing Baba so much?? Hum abhi call karte hai."

Aryan sniffed more, wiping his eyes with the long sleeve of his t-shirt he asked after a pro long pause.

"Maa.. Did Baba leave us??"

Khushi's eyes widen, Aryan has taken his father's absence to such deep she was not aware of. He was presuming his father's absence will lead to such a horrible idea. And even that mere though has shaken her baby boy.

Joining his both hands, in her Khushi wiped his face.

"And why will Baba leave his best baby?? Has Baba ever said this??"

Aryan shook his head and in next instance wrapped his arms around Khushi's neck. Khushi pulled him closer taking him in her embrace. She planted warm kisses on his chubby cheeks..

"Baba can never leave you Babu.. He loves you so much, you are so precious to let go for him.. (she rubbed his back) It's just what his work demands.. And once that is done, he will run back to you, to Delhi."

"I miss him.."

"And he misses you more..he loves you more."

He raised his face from her neck and stared into his mother's eyes as if seeking for the assurance her words were trying to say. Khushi smiled and kissed his lips softly, 

"God's promise. Now.. Be my happy baby and stop these precious pearls. These are priceless.. We will call Baba, right now."

She kissed his eyes. Aryan nodded his head, Khushi quickly fed him his rest of dinner, talking to him randomly. And she was relaxed when Aryan smiled replying back, unless his preoccupied silent mood.

***********************

"They are babies Khushi.. So it's natural on their part to miss that person whom they have been finding before their eyes everyday."

Shashi Gupta spoke looking at his daughter. After the night talk of Aryan with Arnav, Khushi took the day off from work and decided to bring some changes for her babies. This would help them divert their mind, more over even though she could not be vocal about her feeling like her babies, still the absence of the same man was eating her up. She needed a change too..

That mansion, that room, that bed..everything was making her crave for him more. And added to this fallen faces of Aryan and Aashi made her feel more miserable. Last night when Aryan was talking to Arnav, may be that small child has missed that little change in his father's tone but she could not miss that change in his voice.. He.. he sounded weak!! Or may be she was assuming.. But her heart..her heart was telling her everything was not fine with him in Mumbai..