Part 8

It was not the very first time she was coming to this house, neither it was the very first time she was going to meet these people. She had thought she was prepared, she was thinking her mind was set previously. In fact she knew this that she was going to come here only, but all those feel meaningless now, as if she was never aware of this new change in life. She found her heart beating rapidly with each step taken towards the door, Will she be able to do this?? Will she be able to accept the change wholly?? Her eyes slowly moved towards Aashi and Aryan, Aashi was in Nani's arms, it was easy for Nani because Aashi had fallen asleep already and Aryan was walking ahead of everyone. As if that day it was Aryan who was leading the path.

Aman and his wife Tanya were also there. Looking down Khushi was almost going to hit herself when it was Tanya who balanced her. Looking up Khushi found a beautiful smile on her lips.

"You ok Khushi??"

In return her eyes travelled from face to face, it was not only Tanya who asked in fact three other people were also there whose eyes asked the same but lips did not help them. Arnav's eyes were on her, soft and warming!!

"Yeah.. I'm fine. I did not notice it."

"Koi baat nehi."

Tanya was affectionate, held her by her shoulder. Aarati was done, passing sleepy Aashi to Khushi, Nani put tika on her head then Arnav's before cupping their face and kissing lovingly.

"Welcome home Khushi. Welcome to family."

Khushi tried to smile, mean while Aashi was disturbed with this chaos and started wiggling in her arms. Khushi's hand instantly started rubbing her baby and soon she was back to her wonderland. Nani took a piece of Peda and held it before Khushi's lips. Sweets can give sweet beginning and sweet memories. Khushi accepted that opening her mouth. After feeding her, she waited for Arnav's turn so that Nani could feed him some sweet as well but found Nani withdrawing from scene. It was silly but doubt raised in her mind.

"I can't have sweet."

And he replied, as if knowing some trick to read her mind. Was he slowly becoming expert in that department?? Khushi doubted so.

"Why??"

"Because I'm diabetic."

"Ohh.. I did not know."

"Kafi waqt hai aut bohot kuch pata nehi hai. So it's more than fine."

He wanted to let her know that there were many more secrets of each that they both have not even known, there were many more things those were yet to discovered, there was a path long yet to cover.. This journey would be same for them equally and he wanted to convey they both should have the believe and patience to overcome this undiscovered chapter in life.

She just kept on looking at him, she hoped he would always be this easy to understand and to make her understand his perspective.

***********************

Tanya was there to help her settle in his room, she helped her with luggage. There was nothing extra in his room, very less furniture with some vintage photographs and a lot of space. Keeping the luggage beside bed, giving her smile Tanya has left. A baby crib was there beside bed, pressing her lips softly on Aashi's plam Khushi put her inside crib and came back to sit on the green recliner. Joining her hands, she looked down.

The sound of shoes tapped against tiled floor made Khushi aware of the presence of someone, she looked up and found Aryan standing by the door. He was not coming inside, he waited by the door to be called, to be welcomed by the woman for whom a space was already created in his heart.