Part 30

"So much happened and none informed me??"

"Last night was horrible Papa, We were not in a state to think ahead anything apart from Aashi."

Replying slowly, Khushi bent her head. Sashi Gupta took Khushi's hand in his and kissed her head leaning towards his daughter. She appeared worn out, her eyes were puffy and red declaring the battle between tears and pain seeing her daughter like this. Being a father, he, himself was unable to grasp this sight of his child who was before his eyes and here, Khushi.. She had not even met Aashi after her child went through such a traumatic accident.. That little baby's pain did not only made her mother weak but also her mother's father as well..

"Arnav kahan hai??"

"He has just taken Aryan to washroom. They both must be coming by now.."

And the moment Khushi finished, found Arnav coming their direction with Aryan in his embrace who had buried his face in hollow of his neck. Their Boy was so disturbed whole night, he was scared as well and refused to let go his parents even for a second.

Before Sashi Gupta could speak more to Khushi, as he had not seen Arnav, he felt a touch on his feet. Looking up his eyes fell on his son-in-law. Sashi Gupta's hand touched Arnav's head gently. Paasing smile, Arnav took his seat beside him. He encouraged Aryan to greet his grandfather. Hospital stay never suits anyone, Sashi Gupta became more sure of it when he had a look at Arnav. Arnav's appearance almost made him recollect the horrible days almost 28 years back when his wife was admitted in hospital and each second of his was passing with only one wish to make her fine and healthy.

"How is Aashi??"

"Doctor said her condition is constant, but she is advised to keep under observation for next 8 hours before they could reply positively."

"She is going to be fine.."

"Yeah.. We know."

The moment Arnav uttered his last words, his eyes travelled from Sashi Gupta to Khushi, who was sitting on other side of her father. He did not move his eyes away from hers, as if making her to believe in him and his strong belief that their little baby was going to be fine. Sashi Gupta observed the exchange of message between duo, and without his acknowledgement a wave of calmness started spreading on his nerves making him relax.

Aryan started to wiggle in his father's arms, indicating towards Khushi to go to her. Sitting in middle, Sashi Gupta helped the little boy to come to his loving mother.

"Maa.. You want toffee??"

"Sure.. Why not??"

Aryan smiled a little looking up, unwrapping the wrapper he put the mango flavor candy in Khushi's mouth. Khushi smiled back, pressing her lips on Aryan's hair. Of course, the mother can hardly differentiate between kids. She can never be ready to compromise one's emotion with any other reason and being an adult, Khushi tried to behave like an adult and make this boy happier accepting the sweet candy.

"I think, tumhe aur Aryan ko Uncle ke sath jana chahiye.. I'll be here."

"In that case, why don't you go back then."

"Khushi.."

"No.. I'm not going any where.. I'll be here only. And Papa, you please take Aryan with you.. Either Arnav or I will come there to pick Aryan later this day."

Khushi spoke, giving a full stop to the argument that might raise between her and Arnav though not for a bad reason. They both were equally sensitive and concerned today regarding Aashi and Khushi decided to stay there only.