Story 1-the partner

Omg I ship linstead so much!!!!!!! I just love Lindsay and jay together. I heard a rumor that they are dating in real life! I doubt it's true tho,it was an unreliable looking website,haha.

Each update will be a new short story kind of thing. So they won't continue each other. I'm watching chicago pd as I start this! my cat is like stretching lol the struggle.

🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓

Story 1.

Jays POV

Today I'm getting a new partner. It's a girl. I've never worked with women before.

I hear she's good police though. Aaaannnddd I hear she's kinda hot too. I walk into the precinct and voight is leaning taking to somebody in his office.

Olinsky and I exchange a good morning head nod.

Ruzek is looking into the office and everytime somebody moves he moved it's like a cat looking at a bug on the wall.

I sit at my desk and me and Antonio talk about the hockey game last night.

"No Antonio trees no way were beating Boston. The bruins are like crazy good"
(Yes yes the are!!!!!!!)

He waves his hand in an 'whatever' sorta way. He walks away and i lean back and spin in it slightly. I check my phone and I hear voights door open.

I hear ruzek "hello there I'm ruzek. I'm a police officer" he says cockily.

"Hi ruzek (a woman says) wow a police officer" (she makes a sarcastic gasp).

I'm still looking down at my phone. And Its like I can just hear the awkward silence.

I look up and ruzek looks confused. As always. the girl Is walking over to my desk. Damn she is hot. I wonder when I'll get to meet my new partner.....

I can hear olinsky and ruzek in the backround *whispers* what does he mean?" ruzek asks still confused.

Olinsky smacks him upside the head.

"She's a cop you doof"

"Ohhhh"

She smiles. "I'm dectective Lindsay,you can call me erin"

She walks up to my desk.

"Hi" she smiles.

"Hello" I wave. And smile.

"I'm erin,you?"

"Uh halstead.jay"

We shakes hands.

She slightly bites her lip,"well nice to meet you jay"

I think I blush but I only intend to smile.

"You too erin" I say as she walks away.

She leaves the room. And it sounds as if we were all holding our breath and just let it out.

"Damn" I say, and I break the silence.

"Wow" ruzek says. "I gotta go get me a piece of that" he gets up.

Voight walks in.

He puts a Hand out to stop him.

"Sit"

"Yes sir"

"She is off limits." He says. "if you wanna be good police you need to be able to work with opposite genders. (He pauses) professionally. So put it back in your pants and keep it there. Ok"

We all nod. And Antonio says "understood".

I get up to go to my locker to grab my phone charger,she is there and is at the locker next to mine. "Oh hey neighbor" I say. She laughs. "Howdy".

I open my locker and she is bent down getting something and I can't help myself but stare. She looks up, and I pretend I'm looking at my locker door.

"Sooo"she says "how long you been here?"

"About a year. how long you've been police?"

"A few years. Before this I wasn't up to much. You?"

"Ah,military"

"Oh cool,what branch"

"Marines"

"That's awesome"

Voight calls. We go out.

"Ok so since we have a new addition partners are changing. Olinsky and ruzek,Dawson and atwater,and halstead and Lindsay"

I hear groans, and 'not fairs'.

"Hey I'm sorry guys I know you all wanna work with my beautiful face but there's only one of me" I say sarcastically.

"Oh halstead,so noble"

I smile. I can't wait to work with her. she is just so amazing. I will be with her one day even if it kills me.

We go to a convenient store that voight told us to check out,that was robbed and the clerk was murdered.

We walk under the yellow and black tape and Erin gasps at the dead victims body. She drops onto the floor next to her and cries. She is on her knees and has the blood on her pants on the knee.she has some on her hands too.

"Hey,hey come here" I pick her up and hold her so she is looking at me."just look at me and focus on me ok"

She nods. But her lip is still quivering.

"You knew her?"

"Mmmhhhmmm" she nods and tears up.

She cries and throw herself onto my shoulder. I hug her and voight and the rest of the unit comes in. She looks up and sees voight she runs to him and says "it's Annie" and cries on his shoulder.

I look down and I have blood on me now too. I can't stand to see her like this.

Voight looks upset and startled. He looks at the body and quickly looks away.

"Voight I'll take her outside for some air?"

"Yeah.go with halstead" he says.

She nods and we walk out. I put an arm around her to help her walk since she is do upset. She leans into my armpit and sobs. "It's fine let it all out you'll feel better"

She calms down and pulls away from me. her face and eyes are red.

We sit on the side of the building,and she tells me that was her friend she grew up with.

"Thanks for making me feel better" she says. "Sorry for exploding like that on my first day"

"No problem. Were partners. You are my priority,well at work anyways." I smile and rub her knee.

"How about home?" she blushes.

"Well,thats up to us." It's quiet.

"Than I'll choose" she kisses me and I kiss back. We stop. Nobody saw,good.

"Well I definetly like that choice" I say.

She smiles. "Shut up" she laughs. We laugh. and I hug her.

I stand. "Come on let's go back in. Partner" I put out my hand.

"Okay. Partner"