CHAP 29

Two shirtless men were laying on the king bed peacefully, one letting air out simultaneous to the other breathing in. Shen Wei carefully rolled onto Yunlan's side and looked at him as he opened his eyes gently. His features were much softer in sleep, the lines that usually creased his brow replaced by the youthful appearance that matched his handsome face.

Yunlan looked peaceful. Wanting nothing more than to curl up into the curve of his own body. Shen softly pulled the blanket up to over his shoulder when the other grabbed his wrist pulling him down and locked him into a firm embrace. Shen Wei apologized for waking up him unintentionally.

"Sorry to wake you up" Shen Wei mumbled before raising up his head to look at Yunlan, his eyes ached from crying but he didn't care about the bags he will have in the morning.

"I didn't sleep my angel, I could hear your tears that arose in the silence of the room, I didn't want to interfere but to give you some privacy" Yunlan kissed his forehead slow and gentle. He hugged Wei and tried to comfort him and gave him some encouraging words to cheer him up when the sweet moment was interrupted by a sudden phone call.

"It's old man" Zhao Yunlan looked surprised when he checked his phone.

"What?" Shen Wei's eyes popped open as his voice fell in speechless silence. He worked his ear instead listening to the conversation between Yunlan and his old man in a fright. It took him time to grasp for the situation before Yunlan uttered.

"Your dad is awake babe, he is fine and old man wants us to go there quickly" The new information couldn't easily sink into Wei's mind, even though it is right before his eyes, larger than life. He felt like he was being rewarded at last for all the years of sufferance when life had once no mercy and pity for him.

Zhao Yunlan got a call from Xin Ci telling him that they are waiting for them downstairs and they should all go together. Shen Wei didn't bother put his clothes on, he and Yunlan just went wearing their pajamas. They couldn't waist anymore time. Wei's lips stretched wider into a gaping grin as his eyes fell on his twin who was waiting eagerly.

They quickly made it. They were at the hospital finally at 6 A.M in the morning. In the seconds that follow the twin were standing in front of their father's room. Yunlan suddenly felt his lover squeezing around his hand and he was reciprocating, telling him that he was there for him.

"GeGe, you go first..... you are the oldest" said Yezun as he curled his lips with a worried look. Shen Wei didn’t take it as a problem. He thought it was best if they go both in.

"No we go together" He grabbed his brother's hand and gave him a warm, fragranced soft gaze. They finally opened the door and stepped in with a look of stunned surprise to see a dead dear person comes alive again. Shen Luo heard the sound of his children's feet as he looked their way.

He could see their soft smiles mixed with silent tears. He would be so asleep and so awake in his soul, reliving this perfect moment of fatherhood. Wei broke down and dropped to his knees, The last breath had been pulled from his lungs before Yezun and Yunlan grabbed him. He was the closest to his father.

"Father!" Called Yezun as he reached for him and grabbed his hand. The man instead was crying all the painful yearning and longing of all these years. He pulled Yezun for a strong unbreakable hug. A regretful whimper began to pour from his mouth.

Shen Wei stepped forward in fear, looking at them as he approached slowly to feel the warmth of a father for another time. He was a lost, broken soul. His mind slowly was sipping from the image in front of him as he started to feel hapinesse at last instead of sadness. He tries to find faith within his scattered emotions.