Chapter 9

Another day of school...

Rena sighed as she got her books from her locker. She had a hard time getting out of bed, her body still sore from yesterday's skills assessments. She put her hand on her abdomen, remembering her healing assessment.

She closed her locker and jumped at the sight of a boy hidden behind it.

"What the heck, you scared the crap out of me." She exclaimed.

"My bad," Jaemin responded, running his fingers through his hair. "I just thought we could walk to class together."

Rena smiled at the boy. "Sure, but don't creep up on me next time, otherwise I might punch you."

"Not if I dodge fast enough." Jaemin replied with a smirk.

...

"That's it for today, class dismissed."

Renjun stretched his arms. That spells class took a large toll on him, his body already aching from the day before.

"Renjun, you coming?" Sora asked. The younger nodded and quickly gathered his stuff. The group of witches and wizards made their way to the dinning hall.

"Bless, the line is short." Mark exclaimed as they got there. The group got their food and made their way to their tables where their group was waiting.

They were getting settled at the table when they heard a low crash, the sound of trays dropping. They looked over to where the noise came from and saw Lucas' school uniform was covered in food and a small girl in front of him, covered her mouth in shock.

"Oh no," Kun said, voice full of worry for the girl.

Jungwoo and Mark had got up immediately and ran towards Lucas, but the boy's regular smile had changed and his eyes had darkened.

"Hey Lucas, it's no big deal." Jungwoo said, holding back one arm.

"Yeah I'm sure it was an accident." Mark said, eyeing the girl and mouth the words "apologize and bow, and then back away."

The girl didn't need to be told twice as she bowed deeply, apologizing and ran away quickly.

Lucas closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he regained his composure.

"Let's go get changed." Jungwoo said as he and mark dragged Lucas out of the dinning hall.

By then, the dinning hall was silent as everyone's eyes slowly followed to boys out. Once they had left, Taeyong had stood up from his seat.

"Let's continue to eat, lunch will end soon."

Soon enough, the dinning hall was filled with chatter again.

"Remind me not to get on his bad side." Renjun muttered, earning nods of agreement from the other freshmen."

...

The freshman were in their last class of the day, Supernatural Civilizations. Today they were learning about the structure of the Vampire Royal Guard.

Jaemin sighed as he flipped to the proper page in the textbook. Being the General's son, he already had a good understanding of the Royal Guard.

"The Vampire Royal Guard sole purpose is to protect the Royal Family and to maintain order in the kingdom." Taeil started. He turned off the lights and began his slideshow.

"At the top of the chain of command is the General. The current general is General Na. The Na family is known for being a long line of Generals." Jaemin sighed. He didn't need to be reminded twice as his father constantly nagged at him being the next general.