Chapter 43

There was a moment if silence for the fallen general. Jaemin laid there, watching as the skin of his father's body cracked, the sign of death for a vampire. Jaemin patted Rena on back, signalling to release him. Jaemin left Rena's arms, to join Jimin in embracing their mother.

"You father loved you deeply, even though he didn't show it." His mother told him. Jaemin let his mother hold him, slowly patting his back. After a while, Jaemin got up, wiping the tears from his eyes. He turned go face the demon his father loved like his own child.

"Let's get back to it." Jaemin said. Rena gave him a look to see if he was serious and then got up once realizing he was.

"Let's go."

...

"We're back." Yangyang called out as they walked towards the new base, Naeun following them.

"Oh thank god." Jiwoo said, quickly giving the girl a hug, to Naeun's surprise.

"Hi?" Naeun squeaked out from the bone crushing hug.

"Let's bring you back to your father." Jiwoo said. Naeun nodded as she let the faerie drag her away.

"Where is everyone?" Xiaojun asked Doyoung. The witch motioned to the battle that was slowly starting to fade.

"Let's go help them out while we can." Kun said to his team. The WayV members nodded, quickly falling into formation as they made their way to the battlefield.

...

"Who are you looking for?" Jaehyun asked as he ran into the kingdom, trailing Sora.

"My mother." Sora replied, opening house doors and looking in. It became a cycle. Running to a house, opening it, closing it as no one was inside.

"Stop it." Jaehyun said, grabbing her arm. Jaehyun could tell she was already exhausted.

"I need to find her." Sora told him, shaking him off. Jaehyun sighed before following her as she ran back into the forest. The two stopped as they heard voices, hiding behind a tree.

"Mother." Sora whispered recognizing her mother's voice. They peeked out towards the scene in front of them.

Sora's mother was doing her best to fight but she was vastly outnumbered by the faeries around her. She was whispering spells, hands flying as magic shot around her, but it was no use.

"Enough." A loud voice boomed. The faeries retreated, revealing the Faerie King. Sora's mother leaned onto the tree behind her as she caught her breath.

"You chose the wrong side." The king said to the Witch Coven Leader. The coven leader shook her head.

"I followed what my people wanted." The coven leader replied.

"What would have happened if the Vampire King took over? What did he promise you?" The king asked. Sora's mother stayed silent.

"The battle is beginning to die down, do you hear it? A victory is near." The king said to her. Jaehyun did notice that the sounds were beginning to fade. He noticed deep in the trees, another faerie door opening as his friends slipped out of it, quickly hiding behind trees.

"It's still not over yet." Sora's mother called out.

"I really respect you. I really do. You were a really good coven leader." The king suddenly said.

"What do you mean?" The coven leader said, standing straight.

"The fact that you chose the other side.... you leave me no choice." The king finally said. Sora noticed the Faerie King clench onto the handle of his sword, a movement oblivious to her mother until it was too late.