Chapter 24

The group of academy graduates walked into the confinement building, Taeil greeting the guards. The guards recognized the group of former agents, letting them in.

"Feels like I was here just yesterday." Yoora said, running her fingers on the walls. They entered the elevator, going underground to where the person they were looking for was held. They went through security and finally met him, contained in a glass container. He laid on the concrete ground, eyes closed, silent meditating. As he heard the approaching footsteps he opened his eyes and sat upwards.

Dongwook smiled at the sight of the group. "I haven't see all of you together since I tried to overthrow the kingdom." He said to them.

"You failed miserably." Seojin said, scoffing.

"Like you'll do better." Dongwook smirked. Taeil crossed his arms as he leaned on the wall, ushering them to be quick.

"Dongwook, get straight to the point." Seungmin said to the man. Dongwook's grin grew.

"It's simple. You can do the dirty work or wait for the dirty work to be done for you. You don't want to be king and the kingdom doesn't want you to be the king either. So what's stopping you?" Dongwook said. Taeil straightened up, realizing what his old friends were about to start.

"My father." Seungmin answered.

"Then the solution is simple. Get rid of the problem."

...

"I don't understand, explain." Taeil demanded once they were outside of the confinement building.

"Not here, Taeil." Jaehwa said, opening a door. She ushered them to go through. Taeil took a deep breath before walking in.

Jaehwa had brought them back to the academy, where they first met. Taeil looked around the familliar place. Yoora walked up to the doors, taking out her keys as she opened them for the group as they filed in. They walked down the hallway, their footsteps echoing with each step they took. The stopped in front of her classroom. She looked back at the group before entering. The rest followed.

"How do you have the keys?" Taeil asked, looking at Yoora.

"I open the school in the mornings." She replied. They each sat down on the desks.

"Taeil, let me explain." Seungmin said to the male who was clearly concerned. Taeil nodded, allowing him to continue.

"I've been preparing to take take over the kingdom ever since I graduated from the Lower School." Seungmin started. Taeil nodded, already aware of this news.

"Through my preparations, I have learned of my fathers plans. He believes that the supernatural world should have a single ruler, one creature to rule them all." Seungmin explained.

"So you plan on overthrowing him." Taeil said. Seungmin nodded, acknowledging the statement.

"I resigned from the Royal Guard because I thought General Na was behind this." Seojin confessed. "But when he contacted me, I knew something was wrong and it wasn't him."

"General Na had helped my father come up with a plan to take over each kingdom. He didn't realize that the king would go through with it after seeing the complexity, but with each minute, the vampire army continues to grow and it seems that this dream of his is becoming closer to reality. His army is strong and powerful, and we can't defeat him on our own." Seungmin looked down, Jaehwa caressing his arm, calming him down.

"Does your sister know about this?" Taeil asked. Seungmin shook his head.

"No, she would be devastated if she knew." Taeil understood the close relationship Seri had with her father.