Chapter 18

"Winwin!" Yuta smiled as he saw the tall male walk into the training area. Winwin glanced at him, not returning the smile.

"Yah, what's wrong?" The elder asked his best friend, grabbing his shoulder. Winwin shrugged his hand off. Yuta's eyes darkened and he pulled Winwin into a nearby meeting room, slamming the door.

"Why are you angry?" Yuta asked him. Winwin looked up, giving him a deathly glare.

"There's tension between the Faerie and Vampire Kingdoms." He paused. "But you already knew about it."

Yuta sighed. Being older and a leader at the agency was always hard as it meant keeping secrets from his best friend. "You know I can't share information from the board meetings." Winwin's face soften as he realized Yuta was right. "Have you decided yet?"

Winwin gave him a confused look.

"About next year." Yuta clarified.

"Oh. Yeah, I'm staying, there's no way I'm going back to the kingdom." He replied, giving Yuta a soft smile.

"Yaaaaaayyyy." Yuta brightened up, giving his friend a deep hug. "Be a training instructor with me!"

"Maybe." Winwin replied, feeling good for letting go of the tension between them.

...

"I'm so tired." Rena said as she leaned against the lockers. It was a Tuesday afternoon and she was waiting for Renjun to put away his stuff. Jeno and Jaemin wanted to work out together, so Rena decided to study with Renjun and Haechan and meet the others for dinner.

"Hi, you're Rena, right?" A girl and her friend approached the three of them, catching their attention. Rena recognized her as one the girls in her class that sat near the front. The two girls were bright with sparkles surrounding them as they walked. Faeries. Rena thought to herself.

"Yeah, why?" She replied, standing up straight.

"Aren't you friends with Jaemin-oppa? Are you dating him?"

"Yeah, we're friends and no we're not dating." Rena responded, getting annoyed. Seeing where this was headed, Haechan butted in.

"Is there something you want?" Haechan asked them, the girl's high-pitched voice annoying him.

"She has a small crush on him." Her friend said, causing the girl to slap her friend on the arm for exposing her. This only caused a bunch of sparkles to land on Rena, Haechan, and Renjun. "She's been sending him notes in his locker, but he hasn't responded to any of them." Her friend continued.

The three friends exchanged glances. They remembered hearing Jaemin mention the notes, saying how they were really annoying and getting on his nerve.

"Why don't you talk to him." Renjun suggested as he closed his locker. "Telling us won't help you get closer to him." He brushed the sparkles off his arm, clearly annoyed.

"I was wondering if you could introduce us!" She said with a bright smile. Haechan rolled his eyes.

"What are your names." Rena asked. Haechan gave her a dirty look.

"I'm Naeun and my friend is Hyemi." The girl introduced her and her friend.

"If you want to talk to him, you should introduce yourselves to him, properly." Rena told them.

"We'll see you around." Haechan said, as the three of them walked away.

...

"Guess who we met today." Haechan called out to Jaemin as he walked towards their table with Jeno, food trays in hand.