Chapter 42

"They're starting to leave." Ten reported to his teammates. The vampire watched as slowly, the vampires began to make their way out, phoenixes picking them up one by one until about twenty of them were left outside. WayV waited, ensuring that no more would leave before deciding to make their move.

"What's the ratio?" Ten heard Yangyang ask.

"There's probably another twenty inside, so about four to one." Kun told them.

"I like those odds." Ten said, coming out of his hiding place. The witch in front of him turned as she noticed his presence.

"Let's get it."

...

"When will this battle end?" Jaemin said as his father put his armour on.

"When the Vampire King dies or when his army defeats us all." General Na told him.

"You don't have to do this." Jaemin told his father. Jaemin could tell that it had been a while since his father had last picked up a sword.

"I'm fine, you should go back to your girlfriend." General Na said jokingly, motioning to Rena.

"Appa, she's not my girlfriend." Jaemin whined.

"Really? That's a shame, I like her." General Na said, giving his son a smile as Jaemin rolled his eyes. The two of them made their way to the battlefield, joining the fight.

...

Ten and Yangyang looked at the passed out bodies around.

"Let's head inside and make this quick." Ten told the younger one. Yangyang nodded, following Ten inside the container. Ten noticed Xiaojun and Hendery right behind them, staying hidden from sight.

"Chittaphon." Ten flinched as he heard his birth name. It had been a while since someone had called him that. Yangyang heard the voice too, the two of them turning around to see a vampire standing behind them.

As Ten looked at the figure in front of him, his shoulders relaxed. It was a squadron commander, a familiar one.

"Honggi." Ten said, looking at his former mentor. Back when Ten was a child, Honggi would train him, teaching Ten many different maneuvers to defend himself. Ten had lost contact with him after he went to the Academy, but Ten had to admit, the Academy taught him more than he could ever learn from Honggi.

"You seem to have forgotten your roots." Honggi said to him. Ten shrugged.

"No, I still think I'm a vampire." Ten said with a smirk. Honggi shook his head.

"You're fighting for the wrong side, Chittaphon." Honggi said.

"I go by Ten now." Ten snapped back.

"My statement still stands." Honggi said.

"We have different rulers for a reason. No creature is more superior to another." Ten told him. This time it was Honggi's turn to shrug.

"I taught you everything and you decide to betray us." Honggi said.

"You taught me the bare minimum!" Ten exclaimed.

"It was enough." Honggi replied. Ten shook his head.

"Well, as much as I respect you, you leave me no choice." Honggi said, drawing his sword.

"Oh god, you are all so old fashioned." Ten said, drawing his own sword with his right hand. With he left, he patted his lower back, sending Yangyang a signal. As Ten moved forward, Yangyang drew a pistol full of wooden bullets from his back pocket, shooting Honggi in the leg. As the vampire fell, Ten took to opportunity to pin him down with his sword, keeping him in place as Yangyang shot the second bullet into his ribs. Honggi cried in pain as Ten leaned closer to his face.