Chapter 10

"Oh, Rena, why are you here?" Sora said as she saw the girl in the library with Renjun.

"Just going over today's lesson," Rena replied with a sigh. "There's a lot of new information. So much to learn." Renjun nodded and greated his senior. "Sora, why are you here?"

Sora showed the two freshmen her bag full of snacks. "I'm here for them." Sora said, pointing to the group of seniors consisting of Winwin, Johnny, and Jaehyun studying in the back. "Senior year hits hard." She said to the two with a wink. She offered one of the bags of snacks to the two before heading to senior table.

"Delivery is hereee," Sora called out at the boys. The looked up from their books, grinning from ear to ear. Jaehyun got up and gave his girlfriend a big hug.

"Thank you Sora," Jaehyun called out as he lifted her up and spun her around.

"Yah, put me down!" She smacked his back as he put her back down on her feet.

"Thanks Sora!" Winwin and Johnny both thanked the girl as she took her seat beside Jaehyun.

"I'm going to head to the agency, but you guys continue studying." Winwin informed the group as he begun packing up.

"Okay, see you later Winwin!" The group waved goodbye to the boy.

...

Rena yawned as she turned her alarm off, looking at the date. It was now Friday, the day the new members of the agency picked their mentors. On Wednesday, she had trained with Sora and did some extra workouts with Ten and Seri yesterday. She was pretty set with who she wanted as a mentor, but she hoped that the elder wanted her too.

When Rena got to her locker, Jaemin was playing a game on his phone, already there waiting for her.

"Big day today." She called out to him. He looked up from his game, smiling as he put his phone away.

"Yeah, last day learning about vampires." He said. Rena rolled her eyes. "Have you made your choice yet?" She asked him.

"Hm.. I don't know." He replied. Jaemin had trained with Ten on Wednesday and Rena noticed him training with Jaehyun and Johnny yesterday.

"Hope you figure that out soon." Rena said to him as they proceeded to walk to class. As she entered, she could feel the tension in the air.

"Renjun, I don't think pulling your hair will make the decision easier." Haechan called out to the boy.

"Easy for you to say," Renjun scoffed. "What if the mentor I want doesn't want me?"

"I'm sure you'll be fine, Renjun." Rena said, trying to comfort the boy.

Miss. Ahn walked into the class and the freshmen immediately took theirs seats.

"Let's finish up this chapter on vampires," Miss. Ahn said as she started the class.

...

"Jaemin, I can't focus." Rena whispered to the boy beside her. Jaemin shook his head in response, grabbing her notepad.

Take a deep breath. I'm sure you'll get whoever you want as a mentor and everything will be fine. Jaehyun told me you had the highest scores from your training assessment, so a lot of the leaders would love to have you as a mentee. He paused for a moment before writing a bit more. Plus class is almost over.

Rena looked at the clock on the wall. Jaemin was right, there was only five minutes of class left. She took a deep breath as she tried to focus on Taeil's voice.

"Okay class, let's stop there. I'll dismiss you all a little early today." Taeil is a blessing. Rena thought as she packed up her books.

"Ready?" Jaemin asked, waiting for Rena. Rena nooded catching up with the boy.