Chapter 35

Jaemin looked up as he watched Doyoung walk in. They were gathered in the meeting room, a new mission awaiting them. In the room sat Rena, who was beside him, Renjun, Jeno, Johnny, Mark,
Hendery, Jungwoo, Winwin, with Taeyong at the head of the table.

Doyoung took his seat beside Renjun, preparing the screen. The partners for the mission appeared.

General Na - Na Jaemin, Choi Rena
Werewolf Alpha - Lee Jeno, Johnny Seo
Wizard Coven Leader - Mark Lee, Wong Kunhang
Faerie King - Kim Jungwoo, Dong Sicheng

Jaemin quickly noticed a pattern in the assignments, looking around to see if others had noticed too.

"Time to visit your homes." Taeyong said with a smirk.

...

Jeno kicked a pebble as he walked, Johnny lagging slightly behind.

"Excited to see your father?" Johnny asked him. Jeno shook his head, making Johnny chuckle. He patted the younger wolf on the back.

"Don't worry, I expect everything to go smoothly." Johnny said as they approached the familiar Town Hall.

...

"Hi dad." Jungwoo said as he and Winwin entered the throne room. The Faerie King was seated on his throne, waiting for the two.

"Let's go to my study." The king said, getting up. The two boys exchanged looks before following the king. They entered the golden study, taking seats at the table. The king had his hands laced together, placed gracefully in front of him.

"What does the agency have in mind?" The king asked, knowing that the two had clear intentions with the meeting.

"The board has decided to go against the Vampire King." Jungwoo told his father. The king nodded.

"Good choice." The king said. Jungwoo inhaled sharply before continuing.

"But we don't think the Faerie Kingdom and the Wizard Coven can defeat him on their own." Jungwoo said. The king stared at the two boys.

"So what exactly do you propose?"

...

"You want to use Na Jimin to form an alliance?" The Wizard Coven Leader asked the two wizards in front of him. Mark and Hendery nodded. The leader sat there for a moment thinking.

Mark's family lived in a nice house in the middle of the village where the Wizard Coven resided. It was cozy and decorated with red carpets. The three wizards were inside the Coven Leader's study, filled with shelves full of spell books. It was lit by the candle chandelier hanging from the ceiling and fireplace, creating a warm feeling.

"She met some of our agents during Halloween. Jaemin has been seeing her regularly too." Hendery added. The leader sighed deeply.

"I guess we don't have much of a choice, do we?" The two younger wizards looked down, not knowing what to say. Mark's father adjusted his glasses, placing his wand on the table.

"Well, tell me what our next steps are."

...

"Father?" Jaemin said as he knocked on the door to his father's study. He heard his father call the two agents in. Jaemin looked behind him, where Rena was standing. She gently moved forward, stroking Jaemin's arm.

"Everything will be alright." Rena said, reassuring him with a smile. Jaemin opened the door, revealing his father sitting at his desk.

Jaemin could tell that his father was going through a large amount of stress. Even though vampires have eternal youth, it seemed as if his father had aged immensely. His hair was messy and papers flooded his desk. General Na gently moved papers around, creating space for them.

"Oh, Rena. It's nice to see you." General Na said as Rena bowed to the him.

"It's nice to see you as well." Rena said as Jaemin and her took their seats. General Na called out to a maid outside, asking her to bring them refreshments. She quickly returned with cups of crimson liquid. As Jaemin looked down, watching the steam escape from the cup.

"Has Jaemin been doing well with training?" General Na asked with a chuckle. Jaemin gave Rena a look as she awkwardly laughed.

"We're actually both representatives on the board." Rena told him. General Na leaned back into his chair, nodding in approval.

"As expected, very good my son." General Na said, nodding to Jaemin. Jaemin let out a small sigh of relief.

"Let's get down to business, shall we?" General Na said, pulling out a new sheet of paper. He reached out to his quill, holding it in his hands.

"Father, have you considered an alliance with the faeries and wizards?" Jaemin asked. His father's face immediately darkened, putting his quill down.

"Jaemin, you were young at the time, but I'm sure you've studied the Vampire Civil War." His father said. Jaemin took a deep breath, knowing it wouldn't be easy to convince his father.

"I know, but if we want to defeat the king, we can't do it with only the help of the werewolves." Jaemin pushed. His father stayed silent, knowing that his son was correct. Rena put her hand on top of Jaemin's, signalling that she'll take over from here.

"Sir, I know this is a hard decision, but would you be interested in negotiating with them? You don't have to agree to an alliance but I think it's worth hearing what they have to offer." Rena said to the general. General Na pondered for a moment before answering.

"I suppose a small meeting wouldn't hurt. Tell me what the details are and I'll think about it." Jaemin smiled, locking his fingers with Rena's.

Mission Accomplished.

...

Taeyong made his way down the halls, stopping in front of one of the offices. He knocked on the door before entering.

"What do you want?" Seri asked as the male walked into the room. Taeyong gently closed the door, making his way to the chair across from Seri's desk.

"Nothing." Taeyong answered taking a seat. Seri let out a deep breath before closing her books. Her eyes were puffy, proving that she had been crying.

"It's hard isn't it?" Taeyong asked her. Seri nodded, her eyes beginning to water.

"I feel like a terrible daughter." Seri told him, slowly wiping the tears from her face.

"You're doing the right thing." Taeyong said, reaching his hand out to wipe her tears that continued to flow. He got out of his seat, making his way to the other side of the desk. Seri stood up, welcoming his embrace.

"It will all be fine in the end." Taeyong said, patting her back.

———————————————————————————
Just a lil update while I'm waiting for the dream vlive hehe