Seven

You laid on your bed, staring at the ceiling. Like you usually did when your mood dipped low, but this time you couldn't have been more on the edge if you had tried. You almost wished you felt dead to the world; at least then your heart would stop pounding so much. Right?

Minutes turned into hours, and before you could do anything to try and stop it from happening, midnight struck. But just because nothing happened in that moment, did not mean that nothing happened at all. You could almost sense his presence in the room. Almost being the key word. "Dark?" you asked softly.

"Always the clever one, aren't you?" his voice cooed to you from some unseen corner of the room. You were too scared to look, so you didn't move. "Have we made up our mind yet, darling?"

At that thought you sat back up, staring into the darkness. Did you make up your mind? No. "I suppose I can't ask for an extension, can I?"

He laughed from his shadowy corner in the room. "You ought to know better than that. You're an intelligent woman. What do you think?"

You sighed through your nose, eyes slowly closing. "So then what happens if I say no?"

"No?" Dark grinned wide. You couldn't see it, of course, but he was more than pleased with this turn of events. "I think you and I both know what will happen if you say no. I will not leave without getting what I came for, my darling. Make it easier on yourself and tell Daddy yes "

Daddy? Daddy?! You made a face of pure, unadulterated disgust. "What am I, a child? I'm not calling you that! You can fuck right off if you think I'm ever calling you--"

It was both painful and sudden. His hand shot out from the darkness, backhanding you sharply. You cried out, moreso in surprise, hand pressed to the wounded cheek, your eyes wide. "We've been doing so well, darling, do we really want to start rebelling now? When you really don't have anywhere to run to?" Dark emerged from the shadows at last, towering over where you sat on the bed. You made a mad scramble to get to the opposite side, but his body seemed to vanish and reappear besides you anyways. This made you shriek, but nevermoreso than when he snatched you by the hair and threw you down into a lying position. His hands laid on either side of your head, grinning wider than ever as he leaned in towards you. "We're going to have a lot of fun together, you and I."

You opened your mouth to speak, to protest, to say anything, but nothing came out, save for a choked outcry. Here he was certain to show you the extent to which demons were known to be terrifying creatures.

"It's really quite simple, darling. I take what it is I so desire, and then you get your favor. That's how these things work." Dark leaned in towards you, hot breath trailing down your throat as he pressed a kiss to it. "Make it easier on the both of us and tell me yes."

Would it have been so bad, to willingly have sex? Probably not. But he was a demon, who knew what he was really capable of? And it was the unknown that scared you into wanting to rebel against him, no matter how reasonable he sounded.

His hands had moved to your hips, rubbing them in a manner that was intended to be soothing. He was a smooth talker, for sure, and he knew that his words would eventually sink in and you would tell him yes. If you didn't want to be brutally raped, you would tell him yes. It was that easy.

But was it? Nearby, your phone started buzzing and vibrating like crazy again. Why?

Dark seemed to know the reason, and he rolled his blazing eyes, snatching the device and throwing it into a corner of the room. It didn't sound like it had shattered anything, so at least there was that. "You son of a bitch, that was my phone!" you nonetheless protested before you could stop yourself. The words poured out of your mouth like water, that awful rebellious streak was showing, and the demon did not like it.

His large hands went around your throat, squeezing slowly. Watching you grow more and more deprived of the precious air that you needed. Dark watched your face turn red the more you struggled, and he smiled serenely at you. "Are we quite finished with our protests? Because I'd like to get down to business, if you don't mind."

Your shirt was the first victim, torn apart to shreds like it was made of paper. He did this one-handed, the other still around your throat. His growls were soft as he eyed your body; you were perfect.

Your damned phone, however, just would not stop going off. Rolling his eyes at last, he released you, moving away to grab your phone. It was a distraction that he did not need at the moment. Ignoring your coughing and desperate gasps of air, Dark frowned. "What? What is it that you could possibly want at a time like this?" Then there was a pause, in which the demon fell silent, staring at the phone. "This cannot be," he muttered, glancing over at you with an expression you couldn't read. He seemed upset at something, to say the very least. His face was full of...

Longing?

All of a sudden your phone dropped to the floor with a clatter as Dark vanished into the shadows. Still coughing slightly you slid from the bed, taking your phone and checking it for any possible damages. There seemed to be none, thank fuck.

But what had happened? You frowned deeply, staring at the screen for a long minute. "Anti?"