Twenty-Six

He stood there, clearly confused, not understanding why you would have told him that all was well, and then proceed to freak out anyways. If he could have spoken, he would have. [Whatever is the matter?] JJ asked, his poor heart pounding right out of his chest. The expression on your face was one of pure terror.

His eyes. His fucking eyes! And he stood there as if he did not notice anything different about them! You scrambled off of the bed, grabbing his wrists and pulling him towards your mirror, pushing him in front of it. "LOOK. Your EYES, Jameson! What's wrong?!"

He stared at his reflection, feeling the blood drain from his face. He could see just fine, but he could also see that his eyes had gone white, like you could see as well.

An unseen force jerked him backwards by the neck, and he crashed to the hardwood floor on his back with a grunting sound, his eyes squeezed shut. He could feel something slithering around his throat, but as his hands scrambled up to try and remove it, he found nothing there. But the strange sensation felt like something thin wrapping around his neck, something like a strap.

Or perhaps a string.

My precious puppet...

Oh no. Oh God no. Jameson knew that he was the only one that had heard the whisper, for you had not reacted. You knelt beside him, wanting to help but unsure of what was wrong. "Jameson? What... what's going on? Are you all right?" Your heart was thumping hard, and you were too afraid to look directly into his eyes.

Not that it really mattered, after all. The invisible string around his throat tightened badly, and suddenly jerked him back up and onto his feet, but then kept going. Jameson began to choke, his hands at his neck, as the unseen force lifted him clear off of the floor, dangling in the air like a...

Well, like a puppet.

"Jameson!!" you screeched, unable to really help him; you were too damn horrified at what you were seeing to know how to help.

Blood began to pour from his nose, running down his mouth and chin and coating his neck with gore. You clapped your hands over your eyes and began to sob; you didn't know what to do! What was even holding him up in the air like that?!

"My, my, look at what we have here. An innocent little lamb, all ripe for the slaughter."

That voice. That fucking voice. Your crying halted immediately upon hearing it, but you had no chance to comprehend why he was there as Jameson suddenly crashed to the floor in a heap.

The blood flow had slowed to a stop, at least from what you could tell. You rushed towards him, slowly lifting his head from the floor and settling it into your lap. He seemed deathly pale, and only made a soft strained groaning noise. "J-Jameson... oh my god, please, please be all right..." You snatched your shirt from nearby and began to wipe all the blood from his face, quickly soaking through the fabric. There was just so much, it was a wonder how he was still conscious at all. "Jameson, please..." you begged to no one in particular.

He was breathing, at least. But his eyes slowly opened again, finding you holding his head in your lap, and it brought a slight smile to his face.

You did not return the smile. Like before, you stared into his eyes. But they no longer belonged to him; they were an inky black.

*~♡~*

In a flash you had gotten up and scurried away from JJ. He sat up and watched you shivering by your bed, wearing an uncharacteristic smirk on his normally gentle face.

This wasn't Jameson. This wasn't Jameson by a long shot. "What's the matter, baby? You look like you've seen a ghost." He stood up, still smirking that terrible smile, smearing the blood on his chest and eyeing it.

"Anti?"

"Not so stupid after all, are you?" He crossed his arms- JJ's arms- and shifted the weight on his feet a little. "Don't look so scared, this was what you fucking wanted."

To hear Anti's words coming from Jameson's sweet voice was like agony. Your face broke, threatening to make you start crying. "Give him back. Anti, give him back!"

"You don't understand how long it took me to break him down enough to get inside, I am not gonna fucking "give him back". Why? So you can break the contract and fuck him?" Those oily black eyes narrowed cruelly. "I know exactly what it was you were planning. Why do you fucking think I'm here? He's who you wanted. Well, he's right here." His arms opened wide, invitingly. "Come on. Give your precious boytoy a little love."

"Fuck you!!" you screamed, arms crossed over your chest in a protective manner. He knew? Anti knew all along what your plan was? "Anti, god damn it, I fucking felt for you! You said you were in love with me, why would you do something like this?!"

"This is your fault." His smirk faded, and Jameson's innocent face was full of malice. "If you had just given in to me, I wouldn't have had to make him my puppet. But no. You thought you could get around the contract and give your fucking innocence to somebody else. Well, guess what, baby? It doesn't work like that. Dark might have stepped aside to let you choose him, but I fucking knew you were up to something. Then I find this sorry fucker getting close to you!" Jameson- or at least the demon in his body- approached you, making you flinch as he grabbed your shoulders. "You can't break a contract. The moment you finished that fucking ritual was the moment you sealed your fate. Try and get around that and there's Hell to pay."

You wiped your eyes, shaking in terror. Never before had you been so afraid of what this demon was capable of; he said he loved you! Then he turned around and possessed the man you were in love with? "Anti, let him go," you pleaded softly. At that point you were desperate. "He's innocent, he had nothing to do with this. Let him go."

He reached up and stroked your cheek, smiling gently. "Baby, you don't know how my possessions work, do you?" A blade appeared in his free hand, and he raised it up towards his neck.

"I don't let them live."