Twenty-Eight

"I don't... I don't understand..." you murmured. Your lower lip began to shake, threatening to make you cry again. What did he mean?

Dark sighed and wrapped an arm around your shoulders, bringing you back inside the house and out of the chilly night air. "You see, when you initially summoned me, you stated that you wanted your depression to be cured, yes?" You nodded, and he went on. "Then that is what is stated on the contract between us. You summoned me and asked for a favor, which you have yet to pay. Giving me your innocence will only cure your condition; it will not being that man back to life."

You frowned. "But Anti..."

"You and Anti do not have a contract, so he can give you what he pleases. It's that simple." The dark-haired demon brushed hair out of your face. "If you want that man alive, you cannot turn to me."

"Anti's the one who killed him in the first place! I want nothing to fucking do with him!" you protested.

Dark sighed and stood up straighter. "Yes, well, that was his original intention, I believe. Turn the human into a puppet, catch the two of you together, and slaughter him. He knows he can do anything he likes, as he is not bound to a contract as I am." He sighed heavily and pressed a kiss to your forehead. "I'm sorry, darling. Truly, I am. I only wish you had not fallen for a human, then perhaps things would not have turned out the way they have."

You took a step back and away, turning towards the bed again. Your hand covered your mouth, eyes closed in disbelief. Anti was planning this all along, knowing that you would want Jameson back in any way possible? "That... son of a bitch... he said he loved me. That he.... w-wanted to treat me right and all that bullshit..."

Dark actually threw his head back and laughed. "Oh, darling, you believed him? Please try to be less naive next time, yes?" He continued to chuckle despite the tears forming in your eyes. "Anti will say whatever he likes in order to get what he wants. And will usually do whatever it takes, as well. Something like me, I suppose, but his plans are usually far more violent."

Sitting on the bed, you let your head hang down. All you wanted was JJ back, but the only way to do that was... "There's no way to alter our contract? You can't bring him back to life as an act of love for me?"

Raising an eyebrow, the demon slowly approached you, tilting your head back with a hand beneath your chin. "I may love you, darling, but I am still a demon. And I require a sacrifice in order to do any sort of favor for you. Once your innocence is taken, I'm afraid you are next to useless to me, love or not."

Then again, had Dark even stated that he loved you? Or was he simply reminded of that someone he used to love? But you wanted nothing to do with Anti, and Dark could not help you.

You were stuck, at a complete and total loss.

Bursting into tears, you cared little for knowing that he was still there. But Dark sat beside you, wrapping an arm around your shoulders and pulling you towards him, to cry against him. "Let it out, darling. I shall not leave you."

You cried harder than ever, allowing yourself to mourn for Jameson. You knew that there was a way to bring him back, but you just couldn't bring yourself to ever consider Anti in that way again. You couldn't! He had destroyed JJ, and that hurt worse than if you had suffered the fatal cut yourself.

"You've grown sick of us, haven't you? Tired of our presence, weary of our consistent meddling in your life. Am I wrong?" When you nodded your head, Dark smiled a little. "I do wish there was more I could do for you, darling. But I am here for a purpose. And I am still awaiting your answer."

Your answer. Your fucking answer. You shoved at the demon, forcing his arm off of you. "Do you really think I want to be thinking of sex at a time like this, Dark? Do you?"

"The longer you wait, the more we will return. Is that truly what you want?"

It wasn't. Not by a long shot. But you just wanted to be left alone, yet you knew better. Even despite your attitude, Anti was certain to return and offer to help you. In a fit of bad humor you scoffed. "Fine. Whatever. Just fuck me and cure my stupid fucking depression, then. Get it over with."

Something was telling you no. Some dire urge in the back of your brain, but you ignored it in your anger. You wanted nothing to do with demons any longer, not after that night.

Dark frowned a little, turning your head to face his. Leaning in he kissed you softly, mildly disappointed when you weren't kissing back. "Darling, make this easier on the both of us and relax, won't you?" His tone was warning, telling you that if you tried to fight or struggle against him, that it would hurt. So you kissed back when he tried again, and he stood up, removing his coat and tie before unbuttoning his shirt. "I will make this as painless as possible, darling. Don't fret."

Don't fret? The last thing on your mind was sex, but by that point you had stopped caring. Or at least that was what you told yourself as Dark undressed you, then himself. He laid you down on your back, hands running down your curves with a soft growling sound coming from his throat. You probably would have found it sensual, if you weren't so apathetic.

The low drone in your brain had become a scream, begging you not to go through with it. Even as the demon was lining himself up at your entrance, the outcry worked it's way out of your mouth, startling you and him.

"NO!!!"