💧EIGHT💧

*💧*

Thursday, Abuja.
Nigeria.

Saleema's POV.

It's been two days after our talk with Ammi. Babi travels to Maiduguri the next day for only god knows what.

I wasn't ready to fail my exams more especially now that it's my final one so I just try to not think about the marriage and stuffs. Marwa and Lala kept calling time to time, I was glad I had them. I felt much better anytime they called.

We FaceTimed time to time with them, ya Shuraim often calls, he's the very gentle type. I love how gentle he's. He kept motivating me and encouraging me to get that out of my mind and focus on my exams.

As Ammi said. I received a call from Ayya , well I didn't pick up, she called me once and didn't call again which I was glad.

It was already time for bed, so I just bathed A'eesh and did her bed, she was ready for bed when Babi called and she rushed to the phone picking it up.

I love how much Babi cares about her, there's no a day he won't call to know how she's doing whenever he's out. I mean Out of town.

They talked for a while as I sat by her bed looking at her, she yawned softly and told him that she's sleepy, they said their goodbyes and she cut off the line laying back on her bed.

We said prayers together I drown the covers over her and in no time, she was snoring. Well cutely and nicely snoring.

I walked towards the door and was soon stopped by the loud ring coming from the phone, I rushed to where it was so it wouldn't wake my baby up, I picked it up.

"Hello, who's there?" I asked with a low tune

"Saleema" he said . My heart skipped a beat as I tried to steady myself.

"How are you?" He asked softly, my lips were trembling trying to know what to say as my palms started to get wet

"F..fine ba..Babi" I stuttered. I could hear him release a sigh and then said

"I hope you're not disturbing yourself, everyone home is worried sick about you" he said ever so softly.

"I'm..I'm fine alhamdulillah Babi" I said back. Then we were back to absolute silence again. I finally got to say

"A'eesh is already fast asleep.."

"I know, I just want to talk to you. I can't help but." He said softly forming a smile on my face.

"Saleema.." he started

"Uhm" I answered

"Why are you so silent? Am I disturbing?" He said and I quickly shook my head as if he was seeing but didn't say anything.

"Are you sleepy?" He asked. I looked down at my fingers biting my lips, I could stay all night listening to his voice . Doesn't he feel how I deeply love doing this..talking to him?

"Okay then, see you tomorrow Saleema" he said

"Please take care of A'eesh....and yourself...for me" my heart fastens it beats and my hands were shaking.