six

KOREA
   DECEMBER 2018

"Is everything ready for their arrival?" Mark asked as he paced around the room. "Yes, everything is set. Taeil, Jaehyun, and Yuta are heading to the airport in a couple hours to pick them up and take them to the Aris hotel to get settled. We'll meet them tomorrow at 10 at the private NCT meeting room there." Taeyong said reading the plans from the monitor in front of him.

Mark was nervous. Extremely nervous. He hadn't seen his sister in almost 13 years. She didn't know anything about him or what he's been doing all these years. He was scared she wouldn't accept his life in NCT.

It had been two days since he had talked to Haechan. The younger was actively avoiding him and he stayed in his room mostly unless he was need.

It broke Mark's heart to see him like this. Guilt took over him as he remembered how hurt the younger looked after he rejected him that day.

He remembered walking by his bedroom that night. His door was closed and Mark could hear soft sobs coming from the younger's room. His heart broke and he wanted nothing more than to rush into the room and hold him tightly.

But he couldn't. Emika was right. They were destined to be together and there was nothing they could do about it.

***

9:37 p.m.

Sae took a deep breath and shivered as she took a step outside the airport and  into the snowy winter night. She looked around the area packed with people going in and out of the airport for vacation.

Jaemin gently grabbed her arm and led her towards three men. They greeted her and took her bag gesturing her and Jaemin to wait in the car. Sae looked at Jaemin who whispered, "Mark sent them don't worry." She nodded and got in the car still holding onto Jaemin's arm as they took off into the city.

She stared out the window at the gorgeous city of Seoul lit up at night. She tried going over as much korean as she could in the short drive to the hotel.

Although she hadn't stayed in touch with her korean side much while in America, Sae still kept up with her korean often talking with Jaemin when he had just moved. They used it as their 'secret language' as most of the kids at their school were white.

They stopped at the grand Aris hotel in central Seoul, unloading their bags. The three men got out and told the pair to follow them. They led them to a different elevator than the one in the lobby.

Sae noticed that the floors weren't numbered but they were classified with letters instead. The three men walked over to the buttons and each pushed one at the same time.

The letters N C T lit up on the board and the elevator started going up. Sae glanced at Jaemin who's eyes widened as they fixated on the letters. The elevator stopped on the floor labeled NCT, the doors opening.

The three men led the two towards a room with large double doors. The tallest one with brown hair grabbed a key from his pocket and unlocked the room opening the doors.

Sae's jaw dropped at the sight. The room was huge and well decorated. She walked over to the huge glass window that over looked the city bellow.

"A-are you sure you have the right room?" Sae asked the men. One chuckled before saying, "Yes miss Lee Saeyeon, we've prepared this room specifically by orders of your brother." "Oh." was all she could say, "And who are you exactly. Like how do you know Mark?"

"My name is Moon Taeil." the one who spoke to her said.

"I'm Jung Jaehyun." said the man who unlocked the door.

"And I'm Nakamoto Yuta." said the last man.

"We're part of NCT with your brother Mark." Jaehyun explained.

"N-nct? W-whats that?" she asked as she eyed Jaemin confused. She started to panic when she saw the color drain from Jaemin's face.

"The oldest and deadliest mafia gang in korea." He said as he stared at the men with fear in his eyes.

Sae's eyes widened and her jaw dropped, "M-mark is part of the deadliest mafia gang in korea?" she said quietly trying to process what the boy was saying. The three men looked at each other and started to give the two instructions.

Tomorrow at 10 a.m. NCT will hold a meeting in the meeting room down the hall.

There you will meet Mark and the rest of NCT and will be filled in on what's going on.

After the meeting we will take you to headquarters and decide what location is best for keeping you safe while in Seoul.

"Here is the key and our numbers incase you have any trouble whatsoever tonight ok?" Taeil said handing her the key and paper. "Mark is really excited to see you tomorrow so get some rest because you have a long day ahead if you."

Sae nodded and placed the key on the table. She watched as the three left leaving her mind racing with questions.

***

1:27 a.m.

Haechan stared at the ceiling of his room feeling numb.  He grabbed his phone to check the time and sighed knowing he wouldn't be able to sleep anytime soon. He played over the events from the past few days in his mind remembering how he sat against the closed door sobbing as Mark walked away from him.

He turned over on his side to turn his lamp on. he held his wrist up to the light and brushed his thumb over his soulmate tattoo, a rose.

where are you?

Hi hi so, ugh school started again this morning and im actually gonna cry oml. Anyways hopefully i have enough chapters to get through the week but also who am i kidding ik im just gonna be writing this instead of doing my classwork fhdhdjdjz.