forty

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
FEBRUARY 9, 2019

"you really should consider joining dream." minha said as the pair walked home from the picnic. their hands were intertwined and swinging as they walked.

renjun stayed quiet, thinking for a moment. "i know wayv is like family to you but these people, they're not just your friends, they're your family too. you can rely on them more than you think." she continued.

"i-i know. i'm really lucky to have them. i just, don't know how i can leave them. i mean, wayv and nct have been rivals for years, even before i joined." he sighed.

"if they're really your family, they'll understand. our friends, they'll put you first, not 'gang' work." she explained.

"i'm not sure wayv has your best interest at heart, jun. i just want you to be happy, and i know you'll be happier with dream." she said as they stopped in front of the wayv base.

"only one way to find out." he muttered, pulling her inside. he brought her to the living room where ten was making crafts with yangyang.

"renjun-ah wanna join us? we're decorating this lamp for yangyang's room." ten said as he glanced at the boy.

"oh, hi you must be minha." he smiled getting up as he noticed the girl beside him. "i'm ten." he held out his hand which was sticky.

renjun rolled his eyes, slapping ten's hand away. "wash your hands first." he said, motioning ten away.

"so you're renjun's soulmate huh." yangyang said in disbelief as he glued beads to his lamp. minha nodded, sitting down carefully on the couch.

"yang, where's kun?" renjun asked as he came up with a plan in his head. "he's in his office. and he's in a good mood so don't do anything stupid." he warned.

"no promises." renjun muttered under his breath as he motioned minha to follow him. he lead her up to his bedroom, grabbing a bag from his closet.

"what are you doing?" she asked as he began throwing things into the bag. "well if i know kun well, this won't blow over well and i'll probably be kicked out." he explained.

"so what's your plan? where will you live?" she asked as she looked through the pictures around his room. "i'll find an apartment. it's about time i live by myself anyways." he shrugged.

"with what money?" she laughed, picking up one frame that was sitting on his desk. "my father was was the ceo of huang industries, he left me enough money to find an apartment somewhere." he shrugged, looking through his clothes.

she nodded to herself, placing the frame of him and his parents back on his desk. "plus, i'll get a job." he added, sounding determined.

"will you be able to manage?" minha asked as she helped him go through his clothes. "i'll be fine." he muttered.

"what about tonight? where will you stay tonight?" she asked, looking up. "i-i i'm not sure." he mumbled. "come stay with me. just for now until you find your own place." she said placing her hand on his shoulder to stop him.

"it's ok jun, my father loves you already. and my mom treats you like her own too." she smiled reassuringly.

***

minha waited anxiously outside the office as renjun talked to kun. "what are they saying?" minha asked yangyang as they yelled in languages she couldn't understand.

"oh just, 'ungrateful little shit and what not'" yangyang laughed as he handed minha a glass of water.

"so i guess he didn't listen when i said not to do anything stupid." he mumbled huffing. "are you two going somewhere? why do you have his bag?" he asked raising his eyebrow at her.

"i'm sorry yang, renjun's moving out." minha sighed, gripping the bag tighter. "what, why?" he asked surprised. "because he doesn't want to be part of wayv anymore. he wants to live his own life." she explained.

minha gasped as she heard kun strike renjun from inside the office. the door swung open revealing a smirking renjun. he grabbed minha's hand, running out of the base.

they stopped, heaving for air as they got to the convenience store at the corner. "so what happened?" minha asked as they sat on the curb, catching their breath.

"i'm officially free." renjun smiled brightly as he leaned back on his hands. minha sighed as she noticed how swollen renjun's cheek was.

she placed her hand gently, going over the mark with her thumb. renjun flinched slightly, turning his head to face her.

"thank you." he muttered, gazing at her lovingly. "i'm just glad you're happy, dumb dumb." she chuckled, placing a small kiss on his cheek.

***

"soooo, any plans for valentines day?" jisung asked, leaning against the door frame as saeyeon raided his pantry for snacks.

"not really. it's jaehyun's birthday so i think mark and hyuck wanted to get him a cake." she said as she grabbed a few bags of chips and some candy.

"that's all? but it's your first valentines day with hyuck. i heard that valentines day with your soulmate is magical." he saighed turning off the light and following her to the kitchen.

"really? magical how?" she asked setting the food on a platter and grabbing drinks for everyone. "well, i heard the bond strengthens and your powers too." he said, grabbing cups to help her.

"well what do you suggest we do then?" she asked as they carried the snacks up to jisung's game room where the others were.

"i'm not sure, something special, just the two of you." he shrugged, pushing the door open. they placed the snacks in the center of the room.

"hey." saeyeon said as she scooted over to where donghyuck was sitting. "what's up, love?" he asked handing her a strawberry milk from the tray.

"well jisung and i were talking about valentines day and i was thinking maybe we could do something. you know, just the two of us." she smiled as she poked the straw into her milk.

"oh, what were you thinking?" he asked, staring at her intently. "i'm not sure yet, but something special." she shrugged, smiling.

it'll be perfect.

hi, this is a filler ish please don't kill me i've had writers block for over a week🙃🙃

it has not been fun but hopefully i'll get over soon😔

also,, ya'll said renjun dream so you shall receive renjun dream😌😌

also holy heckity hecking heck,,

dis lil book has over 20k reads n thats pretty darn kool🥺🥺

thank you all so mucho,, i love you!!

bai bai for now frens,,😌😌