nine

AMERICA
DECEMBER 2018

11:36 a.m.

Jisung stared at the sleeping boy next to him. He smiled even though he was feeling troubled. It was his sophmore year and he had decided to go abroad to America to study for a year.

He was supposed to go back to Korea by the end of the school year and finish his studies there. But he couldn't now. Everything had changed the day he met Chenle.

Saeyeon and Jaemin were seniors this year and were assigned to guide him around school the first couple of days since they spoke Korean.

His first day at lunch, Saeyeon was guiding him to a lunch table to meet her brother when he felt it. His wrist started to tingle where his soulmate tattoo was.

He was always curious about his tattoo, a dolphin. As he walked closer to the table he let out a breath and clutched his wrist which had started glowing.

He heard a small shriek and looked up to see a blonde boy holding up his wrist with wide eyes. His gaze softened and his lips curled into a smile when he saw him.

he's absolutely perfect.

The two had spent everyday since then together. They were best friends and had fallen in love rather quickly.

Jisung had moved in to the Zhong house instead of his host family's soon after they met. He was happier than he had been in a long time.

what happens when june comes? will i have to go back? i can't stay here forever. but i wish i could.

KOREA
DECEMBER 2018

7:34 a.m.

Renjun had gotten up early so he could finish his chores before 1. He grinned while he was washing the dishes from breakfast as he thought about Emika.

He had developed a slight crush on the girl while they were working on the project together. He was secretly hoping she would tell him she felt the same way, but he knew not to get his hopes up.

***

12:37 p.m.

Renjun had finished his chores and set out for the river. He was feeling nervous as he forgot what it was like to go out like a normal teenager and not on a mission.

He wiped his palms on his jeans and found a bench by the river. Not long after he saw her walking up to him and awkwardly got up to greet her.

"You're back!" she said smiling at the boy. "Yeah,
I just got back last night." he said as they sat back down. He was a lot more comfortable with using korean than english.

"Oh, you must be tired then. Did you get enough sleep?" she asked concerned. "Y-yeah I'm fine." he said grinning, "uhm what did you want to tell me?" he asked.

"Oh! oh right! Guess what!" she said excitedly. He tilted his head slightly in response. "I found my soulmate!" Renjun's smile wavered for a second as he gulped, his chest tightening.

"oh. good for you." he said as he looked down at the grass. Emika noticed and placed a hand on his shoulder gently. "It's ok junnie, you'll find your soulmate soon!" she said sweetly.