thirty seven

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
FEBRUARY 1, 2019

1:08 p.m.

minha peeled her eyes open slowly, turning her head upward to see hyunjin with his hand out for her to shake.

she breathed out, sending him a small smile. her wrist felt normal, no tingling sensation and no glow. "hi, i'm hyunjin." he said softly.

she got up quickly, brushing the dirt off her clothes before shaking his hand. "park minha." she smiled, her heartbeat returning to a normal pace.

they sat back down, hyunjin getting out his lunch from his bag. "so, are you transferring like saeyeon and jaemin?" he asked, looking back up at her.

"hmm? oh no, i graduated early at my old school in the states." she said, pulling her knees to her chest as she shifted of the grass.

"yo, where's dahee?" jisung asked, nudging hyunjin a bit. "she told me she had to talk to a teacher about something." hyunjin shrugged.

"who's dahee?" minha muttering, thinking to herself. "oh, she's hyunjin's girlfriend." jaemin explained. minha's mouth parted lightly in shock.

"o-oh, right. are you, soulmates?" she asked hesitantly. "dahee and i? no, we just figured we would find our soulmates later in life you know?" he smiled at her.

she nodded, gazing off at the grass. saeyeon patted her shoulder gently. "it's ok min, i'm sure we'll find him soon." she reassured.

***

5:47 p.m.

"folks." mark entered with a dramatic clap. saeyeon glared at him for interrupting her study grove. "what's up mark." she asked clearly annoyed.

"emika asked me if we could all get together some time this weekend. she phrased it, 'get the gang back together' lol." he laughed.

"did you just say, lol?" saeyeon questioned. "n-no, moving on. she wants renjun to come too, are you guys cool with that?" he asked the group.

"i don't know, sae and i were supposed to take minha out sightseeing this weekend." jaemin chimed in. "then just take her with us. maybe renjun won't be the awkward 7th wheel." he shrugged.

"ok, i'll text her." jaemin said. "hyuck are you ok with renjun going?" saeyeon asked him quietly. "hmm? oh don't worry, he's alright. i talked to him a bit when his friend uh, captured me. he just wants to be normal." he shrugged, explaining.

saeyeon nodded, getting back to her homework.

***

11:37 p.m.

"hurry up!" mark called from the bottom of the stairs. "we're gonna be late, we still have to pick minha up on the way there."

"coming!" saeyeon called as she dragged donghyuck out of their room. they decided on couple outfits for their outing.

minha hopped in the car, sliding in next to saeyeon as she pulled the car door closed. they jammed to songs as they drove to the cafe they were meeting at.

emika glanced at her phone as she walked up to the cafe with renjun. "they should be here soon." she muttered as they opened the door, the bells ringing.

"they're bringing a friend too." she said as she scanned the menu. the line was long and they were basically right up against the door.

"oh really?" have we met them before?" renjun asked looking up from his phone. "i don't think so, she's one of sae and jaem's friends from middle school." emika shrugged.

renjun nodded, shoving his phone in his pocket as he  looked up at the menu. "oh, they just got here. they're walking up now i guess." emika said as she typed in her phone.

renjun hummed in response, gulping as he stared at the deserts in the case. he was about to take a step forward in line but halted in place.

a tingling sensation ran up through his arm. a small gasp escaped his lips as he grasped his wrist with his other hand.

the small white dove tattooed on his wrist was emitting a light golden hue. "emi-" he cut off as the bells sounded behind them.

he turned, not knowing how close he was to the door. his face was inches away from hers, eyes wide as he stumbled back a bit.

"y-you." she started, staring down at his wrist. "you're my soulmate." they said at the same time. a smile erupted on minha's face as she looked back up at his face.

"you're my white swan." she said throwing her arms around him. he was in shock, his arms hesitatingly wrapping around her.

"and you're my white dove." he mumbled in disbelief as they pulled away. "i'm park minha." she said shyly tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"huang renjun." he smiled, waving awkwardly. he glanced behind her, noticing the others who stood in shock. his faced turned a slight shade of red as he motioned them into the cafe.

they found a large booth by the window, filing in across from their soulmates. "so, problem solved i guess." saeyeon mumbled as she took a sip from her drink.

"hmm, what problem?" renjun asked turning to her. "minha and donghyuck have this, arranged marriage thing. but since now they've both found their soulmates it'll just be a partnership." she explained.

"oh." he nodded, pursing his lips together. "are you ok with it?" minha asked, concerned. "i just, no yeah i guess i'm ok with it." he said awkwardly shifting in his seat.

he avoided her gaze feeling embarrassed as his face started to heat up. he wasn't quite sure what he was feeling but he had heard the the soulmate bond works quickly.

"i wonder what kinda of powers you guys are gonna get." saeyeon mumbled as she thought out loud. "honestly anything is better than taste. i have to taste this lil shits death coffee everyday." jeno said grimacing as jaemin took another sip.

"come on, it's not that bad." jaemin pouted. saeyeon snatched the drink from him to try it. she gagged while downing it.

"yeah, it's that bad." she said wiping her mouth. jaemin rolled his eyes grabbing his drink back from her.

"i'm so happy we decided to do this!" emika beamed as she watched everyone interact. "the gangs back together and now renjunnie won't be a 7th wheel!" she said patting renjun's head softly.

"em we've been over this, don't use the word gang." mark laughed slightly at her. emika rolled her eyes as she turned to minha.

"welcome to the gang, minha!" she smiled holding out her hand. minha took it, smiling with her.

i guess i'm part of the gang then.

chdbdjcjdjdjdjjcjcjc hii

yo wassup,, damn i was kinda sad when u all figured out minha was renjun's soulmate before it even happened 😔😔

this book is too damn predictable but oh well,,

n e ways heres the long awaited chap

bai for now frens,,