twenty one

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
DECEMBER 31, 2018

8:24 p.m.

"sae are you ready ye- woah." donghyuck exclaimed as he walked into her room. his eyes scanned her as he walked into her room sitting at the edge of her bed.

they were going to a new year's eve party with jaemin, jeno, mark, and emika, so she put on a dark green silk dress. "how do i look?" she asked walking over to the boy excitedly.

"beautiful." he said pecking her lips before standing up again. "what shoes are you wearing. don't wear heels i want you to be comfortable ok?" he said softly as she walked over to her shoes.

she nodded before picking up a pair of dr. martens and slipping them on. he walked over to her kneeling down to tie the laces.

"thanks hyuckie." she said giggling. he stood up once he was finished smiling sheepishly at the girl. "come on let's go." he said taking her hand and leading her to the living room.

"ready?" mark asked as the two entered. they nodded and started walking towards the elevator. "oh guys. emika uh, invited renjun." he said rubbing the back of his neck as the elevator took off.

"seriously?" haechan sighed, gripping sae's hand tighter. "yeah. we're picking him up when we pick up emika." mark said.

the ride was loud, the five teens blasting music and singing along to their favorite songs. they arrived at emika's house where she and renjun were waiting outside.

"hey babe." mark said kissing emika as she got into the front seat. she smiled as she put her seatbelt on. renjun awkwardly opened the door sitting next to jaemin, who was in between him and jeno.

sae sighed, leaning her head on hyuck's shoulder as the car took off once again. the two were sitting in the back together screaming the lyrics to songs as they pulled up to the party.

the party was hosted by donghyuck and jeno's friend from school, han jisung. "yo!" he greeted the bunch as he led them inside the loud house.

the music was blaring, and saeyeon held onto donghyuck tightly as they made their way through the crowd of people dancing. jisung led them into the kitchen where a smaller group of people were hanging out.

"hey guys there's some people i want you to meet." he said guiding them over to the group. "is that mark lee!" one guy said getting up from his seat to greet the boy. "wow changbin-ah it's been a while. how's college dude?" mark said as they did a hand shake.

"uhm this is emika, my girlfriend." mark said introducing her to the boy. she smiled shaking his hand. "oh?" he said looking back and forth between mark and donghyuck. "it's nice to meet you!" emika said before he could ask anything.

jaemin's eyes scanned the group of people until they landed on one.

holy shit

no no no no it can't be

hwang hyunjin

the boy's eyes met his, his face turning to shock as he recognized the boy. "jaemin?" he asked making jeno furrow his brows, switching his gaze between the two boys. "you know hyunjin, nana?" he asked.