twenty four

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
JANUARY 1, 2019

2:07 a.m.

unlike the ride there, the ride home was quiet. mark glanced at rearview mirror at the sleeping teenagers. the car smelled slightly of alcohol and mark sighed turning his gaze back on the rode.

the streets were barren at this hour, only the light from the moon and mark's headlights illuminated their path.

he stopped in front of her house, softly patting her shoulder to wake her up. she stirred in her seat, groaning softly as she sat up.

she turned to him sighing, smiling slightly as she thanked him for the ride. she got out of the car opening the back door and shaking renjun lightly to wake him.

"renjun-ah wake up. i have to take you home now." she sighed as his eyes flickered open. "or do you wanna just stay over tonight? you can sleep in the guest room." she said quietly, trying not to wake the others.

"mhm yea sure you don't have to drive me home it's too late." he mumbled as he got out of the car. "hey i can give you a ride if you need." mark called out at the boy.

renjun panicked, "huh oh uh i mean if you're not comfortable with me staying at emika's i guess but really it's ok you don't have to." he mumbled out quickly. emika looked at mark, raising her eyebrow
slightly.

"n-no that's not what i meant. i was just wondering if you wanted a ride home. that's all." he said but renjun shook his head, waving at the boy as he closed the door. "it's alright. thank you though."

he waited till they got in safely before driving off in the night. emika yawned as she locked the door behind them.

she lazily trudged up the stairs, the boy following behind her, struggling to find his way in the dark. she stopped at the top of the stairs, pointing to a room at the end of the hall.

"that's the guest room. you know where the bathroom is right?" she whispered and he nodded before heading off to the room.

"ok goodnight junnie." she smiled although it was too dark to tell. "night emi." he whispered back as he stumbled into the dark room.

***

11:39 a.m.

renjun groaned out slightly as the light pooling in from the window fell over his face. he shifted slightly, clutching his forehead which was pounding.

he blinked a few times, letting his eyes adjust to the light as he sat up a bit. being the 'responsible kid' he was, he didn't drink last night and was fully aware of where he was and what had happened the night before.

he huffed out, grabbing his phone that was charging on the table and checking his notifications.

8 missed calls from kun

renjun's eyes widened as he quickly texted kun where he was and that he was ok. he slipped out of bed, neatly making it before heading out of the room.

he was still in his clothes from last night, not bothering to take them off. emika's parents had gone off to work already, leaving the two with a small note.