4.

Alex's POV

He pulls me up onto my knees, making the pain in my ankle intensify. My body starts to shake as I sob.

Suddenly, the door swings open. We both turn to find Cage frowning and analyzing the situation.

"You f*cking bastard," Cage growls.

"What?" Grant lifts me to my feet by my hair. "You want to tag team?"

Cage walks up to us and I take a step back, almost falling. Grant shoves me forward, into Cage's arms. "Please don't," I beg Cage. He seems to have more humanity.

Cage doesn't look at me. The look in his eyes is deadly and directed at Grant. He lets me go and walks up to Grant, then punches him square in the jaw.

Grant is a big man but he has nothing on Cage. Where Grant is more bulky, Cage is muscular and toned.

I fall to the floor, unable to bear the burning sensation from my ankle. I don't think it's broken, but it sure as hell hurts.

Grant shouts in pain and is thrown to the floor, making me feel slightly better. Cage starts kicking him over and over again.

"How many f*cking times have you done this? I've caught you doing it before, but I can't imagine the amount of people you've raped without anyone finding out. I don't care about your stupid threat anymore. I don't care if you send someone to kill me; if I ever see you doing this again..." Cage leans down. "I'll kill you. You got it? Never again."

Grant quickly nods.

Cage stands up and walks to me, analyzing my state. He leans down and scoops me up into his arms, carrying me out the shower room.

He shuts the door and locks it. "This ass deserves to stay locked in here forever, but the cleaning staff will most likely go in tomorrow to let him out. Either way he needs to learn his lesson," Cage says, taking more to himself than to me.

"No..." I reach towards the lock. "Please, he'll get angry and blame me for this. Who knows what he'll do." My body starts shaking again.

"Hey," Cage says in a soft tone. "He won't hurt you again. I'll make sure of that. I'll go to the office and request to swap to section B so Grant won't be your guard anymore and won't be allowed to take you anywhere."

"W-Why are you helping me?"

Cage glances down at me as he walks back through the dark passage. "Honestly...?" I nod. "The last time I caught Grant with a girl... I was too late. He killed her and then threatened to kill me, too. At that point, I was new and I was scared, but I still went to report it because he raped and murdered someone. Nobody did anything. They just sent him off with a warning since she was due to be executed the next day. I may not be the nicest person, but I am not gonna let you die, too. Well, not yet anyway."

"Thank you," I whisper.

"You're not special. I would have done it for anyone. Don't start thinking I'm going to treat you nicely just because I helped you this time." I can barely see him in this dim lighting, but his facial expression looks serious.

"Then why are you still carrying me?" I retort.

Cage sighs and stops walking, then lowers me to the ground. "Walk, then."

I take a step forward and a pain shoots through my leg from my ankle. I almost fall, but Cage catches me and holds me up. He chuckles and then picks me up again, carrying me bridal style.