9.

A/N: New update as promised. I woke up and there were already almost 300 comments. Another reason to love you guys lol.

Alex's POV

I lie on my hard bed and stare up at the roof. There are scratches and marks on the ceiling. I don't want to know how they got there.

It's been five days, but in here that feels like an eternity.

My stupid and horny self can't get the image of Cage's shirtless body out of my head.

His biceps were so unbelievable. He could probably throw me. His broad shoulders, his v-line, his smooth skin. I can't get the image out of my head, even though I want to.

I mean he punched me for Pete's sake.

But I have never seen a body like his before, except for models on Instagram. I just want to drench him in oil and use him as a slip n slide.

I shake my head and sit up, not wanting to think about that. I need to find something else to do.

Literally anything else.

I stand up and pace around, my body aching because of all the bruises that formed from my first day here.

My ankle is feeling a lot better. I had been walking around on it even though I shouldn't, but I didn't have much of a choice here. Either that or I starve.

Finally, the buzzer goes off and our cells swing open. It's lunch now.

Yesterday, I tried asking Cage if he will take me to the library in this place. I wasn't sure if there actually was one, but I had watched prison shows before and they always had one.

Turns out there is, but Cage is adamant on not doing me favours, so he said no. I'm not going to take a chance by asking a different guard.

I hear shouting and turn in the direction it's coming from to see two men violently fighting. They're punching and hitting each other so hard that their faces are bleeding and their clothes are being torn.

Cage and another guard run in and tackle the two of them, handcuffing them. Another set of guards come in, one of them being the guard that attacked me in the nurses office.

"Take them to solitary," Cage says and shoves the prisoner forward, into the other guards grip. "The rest of you, get to lunch or you'll be joining them!" he shouts for everyone to hear.

I notice that someone dropped a notepad and a pencil during the whole commotion and nobody else sees it. So I step back into my cell and pretend like I am going to wash my hands. Once the place has mostly cleared out, I go and pick up the notebook and pencil and hide it under my pillow.

Finally, something good happened to me.

I leave the cell and quickly make my way to the cafeteria. It's a giant room with white walls and rows of depressing metal tables.

I get in line for the food and listen to the conversations that other inmates are having. Some of them laugh and talk about who they wanted to kill next, some talk about how they almost got away with a bank robbery, and others talk about how the food here tastes like cardboard.

I give the cafeteria lady a small smile and thank her as she puts a pile of something on my plate. Then I take a seat at an empty section of the tables, wanting to be alone. I want to eat fast and go back to my cell so I can put that notepad to use.

"Hey, shift down and sit with the other inmates," one of the guards says.

I turn to look up at the guard and find Grant watching me. I suddenly feel sick. "Um, can't I sit by myself?"

Grant scoffs and puts a hand on my shoulder, digging his nails into my skin. "If you want to be alone, we can put you in solitary confinement. Go, now."

I nod and slide myself down until I reach the spot where other inmates are sitting. I keep my head down and pick at the slime on my plate.

It doesn't taste as bad as it looks. On my second day here when I tried the food it was horrible, but you kind of get used to it.

"You're new here, aren't you?" someone asks.

I look up, across the table, at the lady who spoke and nod. She is a ginger-haired woman, with pale skin and tired eyes. There are six other people who all have their eyes on me.

"I love fresh meat," another woman sitting beside me says, sliding her hand onto my lap.

I immediately get to my feet. They laugh. "Such a pretty face. This place is going to be hell for you."

I didn't doubt that.

I look around the room until my eyes land on someone. The small piece of heaven that made its way into this hell.

Cage.

I eat quickly while standing and then throw my tray on the pile and walk back towards my cell.

As I am walking, someone comes from my side and shoves me into a wall. Their hand immediately covers my mouth to stop me from screaming.

With my heart racing, my eyes meet with that guard from the nurses office. "Oh, I've been waiting to get you alone again," he says with a smile that is the opposite of friendly.

I lick his hand and then immediately regret it. Who knows where his nasty hands have been? He pulls his hand away and slaps me, and I scream.

He punches me in the rib, making me cry out in pain. "Shut up, b*tch," he demands.

"Please just let me go," I beg.

He scoffs. "After what you did in the nurses office? I was waiting to get you alone." He starts pulling me somewhere and so I immediately start to fight back.

I kick him and shove him and keep hitting until I manage to get out of his grip for a second. I turn and run back in the direction of the cafeteria, knowing he will be less likely to attack me in front of everyone.

I hear his thundering footsteps close behind me and so I pick up speed and almost crash right into someone.

When I look up, my heart completely stops.

Grant.

0•0•0•0•0

I started watching Never Have I Ever. It's amazing and so funny. I can't wait for season 2.

Qotd: favourite series?

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx