Fallen Star ~

Welcome back to a new story of mine!! I'm super excited for this one, seeing as this is something I have never done. I just hope you all like it, and please comment and vote!!
_________________________________

There's something about the stars when they shine that makes a person breathless. It makes a person feel as if the void beyond them is something far greater, and much more enchanting than the world that they inhabit.

They see the stars as a beacon of hope, the hope that one day after they've died they'll become one—That they'll leave the nothingness on earth and travel somewhere far better. And while there is truth to that, the person seems to forget that a star only shines in the darkness. For some of the stars, they shine brighter than others. And for a select few of them, they don't shine at all.

I was a star that didn't shine bright enough. I was the child of the moon goddess, a spirit, who wasn't afraid of the darkness. I didn't need to shine to feel safe, or welcomed, unlike my other siblings and friends. I didn't need to watch the werewolves frolic below us so I could feel their love.

I didn't want to feel love, because the more love you felt, the brighter you shined.

I didn't need or want any of that.

I was satisfied with being left to my own accords, left to be alone in the small sector of clouds I enjoyed inhabiting.

I was better off away from them anyways. Nobody could bother me.

What was their version of heaven, was my agony.

I knew the moon goddess had been watching me, more than any other stars. I was the different one—The outcast. And so it shouldn't have been surprising when she threw me out of the sky.

"Estrella, this is your final chance," She said, "If you can't find your light on earth, then I have no choice but to leave you down there forever."

"How do you expect me to find my light when I don't want to?"

I remember the sadness in her eyes, the look of utter desperation, as she prepared to send me down.

"Find love," She replied, "In your mate."

And like that, I was falling towards the earth. I could see the other stars watching me, with their stunned expressions and their sorrowful eyes. I was terrified as I fell, reaching out for anything to grab that wasn't there.

For the first time in a while, I was afraid to leave the sky.

The way down was a lot farther than it seemed, and as I fell by all sorts of planets, I started to worry about how painful it would be to hit the ground. I mean sure, I hadn't felt pain since I died, but if she was sending me back to earth, wouldn't that mean that I would be feeling pain again?

As I got closer and closer to earth, I began to glow, and that's when I realized that I was on fire. Thankfully, being on fire didn't seem to hurt, which gave me hope that I wouldn't have to feel pain when I hit the ground.

Maybe this part of my journey would be peaceful. God only knew what my life would be like once I was alive again. Was it going to be as scary as last time? As painful? I didn't want to relive my life, I didn't want to remember everything that was taken from me.

But I didn't have a choice.

When I finally entered earth, I was falling at an incredibly fast speed, and each second the ground got closer and closer and closer. I braced myself for impact, knowing that this was indeed going to hurt and there was going to be nothing peaceful about this. I was going to be pancaked into the ground—Which was probably the Moon Goddesses way of welcoming me back to Earth.