Eye to Eye~

What's up what's uppppp. Kinda in a sad mood right now since I just found out I'm not going to the University that I got into since I can't afford it. So I've come here to write because it makes me feel better.  In the picture is our new character Savannah. Anyways, please remember to VOTE AND COMMENT.

___________________________________

I resided in the room that once seemed like a prison to me, that now seemed like my safe haven. It was the place where I could fall back on when things got tough, when it seemed like the world was against me.

And to be honest, I felt like this was a test sent by the Moon Goddess. What else would it be?  She knew how I wanted to respond to situations like this, and now she was watching my every move.

She wanted to see if I would run, if my desire to survive overcame my desire to be with my mate. She knew me better than anyone else, she knew I wanted to run.

I knew whatever choice I made would affect my chances of returning to the stars. If I stayed, I'd probably get some bonus points. And if I ran, well that would probably be my death sentence on earth. I knew what I wanted, and I knew what I needed. So did I let the selfish part of me take over, or did I try to change for the better?

Who knows.

I was sitting in a chair, staring out of the window like some character in a book. I watched rain drops slide down the glass, and I wondered why everytime something bad happened, it rained.

Maybe the Moon Goddess had a thing for theatrics.

I turned my head when I heard the door open, turning back to the window when I saw it was Kailen. I knew what he was here to talk about. He wanted to know why I left like I did, and how I healed him. I could already sense it.

"Estrella," He said. I didn't turn to look at him though, I didn't want to be bothered. But he was an alpha, so he was free to bother me whenever he wanted. He put his hand on my wrist gently, before he pulled me around to face him.

I looked into his blue eyes, which didn't seem as cold as usual, before I looked down. I didn't need him searching my soul for an explanation. He'd probably just tell his pack that I was crazy again.

"Why won't you look at me?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"I don't see a need to. Anyways, I don't like you."

As soon as I said this, I prepared for him to throw a fit and lock me in here again. I honestly hoped that he would so I could be alone. But surprisingly, he lightly grabbed my chin and brought it up to look at him. My eyes connected with his once again, and he just stared at me. At this point, I knew he was searching my soul.

If I was about nine inches taller, we would've been eye to eye. But this wasn't a perfect world. I knew what was coming as soon as his mouth opened, and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

"Earlier...In here, you healed me," He paused, "How'd you do it?"

I let out a sigh, wondering if it was worth it to tell him. I mean last time I told him, he didn't believe me. Would this time be any different? I wasn't sure. I decided to take the chance though, what did it matter? The pack already thought I was psycho. I didn't really have any pride left to lose.

"Stars can heal people," I explained, "And I mean I know I'm a wolf and all...But I guess the Moon Goddess allowed me to keep my healing powers."

I finished speaking, waiting anxiously for him to respond. He stared at me with conflicted eyes, as if he wanted to believe me but also didn't want to believe me.

"You don't have to believe me, I just thought-"

"I do believe you." He interrupted, and I looked at him in surprise.