Dead to Me~

Hey hey hey. How's everyone's day? I'm really happy with this story, and I definitely have some great ideas for this book. Anyways, leave a comment and a vote please! It keeps me motivated to write. Xoxo.

________________________________

Thud.

That was the sound of my body hitting the hard earth beneath me. Jumping out of a window that was a good forty feet in the air probably wasn't the brightest idea I've had. And landing on my back, well somehow that was the dumbest idea I've had.

I stared up at the sky, gasping for air. I fought to regain control of my limbs, and as I saw both Kailen and Zach look out the window to see me, I had to regain control quickly.

Kailen's head disappeared, letting me know that he was on his way to come get me.

Get up. I willed myself, bringing my painful body to its feet.

Everything in me was screaming at me to run, but I was hurting so bad. I had literally just pancaked myself into the ground, and had only a few seconds to recover. But as soon as I saw Kailen appear around the corner of the house, my fight or flight mode kicked in.

I took off running as fast as I could, fully aware that if he caught me again, he wouldn't make the same mistake of letting me go.

Kailen and I were caught in an insane game of cat and mouse, and he was gaining on me. Of course he was, I was clearly injured and in a weakened state, not to mention I wasn't going to heal until I allowed my body to rest. I knew it was just a matter of time before I was in his grasp.

I ran, each stride of mine getting slower and slower until I couldn't outrun Kailen.

He grabbed me by my arm, and tackled me to the ground. I hit the ground painfully, and when I looked up, Kailen was holding me down.

"Give up!" He yelled, but this just made me struggle more. I knew my struggling was pointless. I was so weak, I had barely anything left in me. All I had was a brain that wanted to escape, and a body that couldn't do that.

Finally, I gave in. I stopped struggling completely, and I just allowed myself to breathe. At this point, I was trying so hard not to cry. I could feel the tears brimming in the corners of my eyes. I stared at Kailen.

"Please don't take me back there," I begged, "We're never going to get along if you keep locking me in that room."

"I could just lock you in the cell instead," He replied harshly. He was mad, for what reason I don't know? He had been holding me captive in a room for days, and he was mad that I left? Even though I was horribly exhausted, a surge of anger shot through me, and once again I was sending my foot to his chest.

He went flying back, smacking a tree. This time when he looked up, his eyes were black. I knew his wolf was out and angry, so when he began to shift, I realized how much trouble I was in.

I was ready to stand up and run, but before I could, he was on top of me with his jaws around my throat. My eyes widened in horror as I froze in fear, staring into Kailen's black eyes. His cold eyes showed no mercy, and he bit down lightly.

I felt a stinging sensation come from my neck, and that's when I began to squirm.

"Stop!" I cried out, letting tears fall freely from my eyes. Whether Kailen believed that this was how I died in my past life, he knew it scared me. He knew that this warning would be enough to send me back into a state of panic, and he used it against me.

Just as he began to bite down a bit harder, he was tossed off of me. I looked through tearful eyes to see Zach, who grabbed me and helped me to my feet.