Unlikely Allies~

It's been so long since I last published a chapter!! I'm sorryyyy. I go through these phases where I just don't want to write, so I apologize for the inconsistency. Anyways, here is a TRIGGER WARNING. This chapter will contain brief mentions of sexual assault. It will not be graphic. But please be advised.

________________________________

"Fuck fuck fuckitty!" I screamed, slamming my burnt and nearly crisp hand down onto the counter. I stared at my skin as it blistered, and then down at the burner on the stove which I had dumbly left on.

I had just made the most amazing homemade Mac and cheese, probably the best in the world, and right as I was about to serve a nice plate to Kailen, I touched the burner.

I wanted to let out another pained cry, until I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, then I shut my mouth. I really didn't want Kailen to see my dumb mistake, so when he came rushing into the kitchen to see what happened, I quickly placed my burnt hand behind my back.

"What happened?" He asked, glancing at the Mac and cheese and then at me. I just shook my head, biting my lip hard. I was really trying to hide the pain, but boy was I horrible at it.

He stared at my pained face for a few seconds, before he slowly walked over to me. He grabbed my wrist lightly, looking me in the eyes curiously, and then glancing down. His eyebrows darted up slightly, letting me know that whatever I had done to my poor hand was probably ugly.

It was probably melted, and blistered, and bleeding, and every bad thing that could possibly happen to a hand happened. 

I slowly glanced down as well, expecting to see the worst, when in reality it was just a tiny blister.

Great. Now I looked like an idiot.

I tried to yank my hand away to save myself from further embarrassment, but Kailen wouldn't let go of my hand. Instead, he brought his lips down to the skin which had pretty much healed, and kissed it.

"I hope that fixes it," He smiled. Though some people might've found his actions cringy, they only turned me on and made me all giddy inside. I grabbed him by the waistband of his jeans, and pulled his body against mine. I stared up at him with big eyes, as I pressed my body onto his.

As I stared at him, I intentionally bit my lip. I wanted to see how far we could take this. To see if my fear of being intimate was gone. And while it still sent shivers down my spine to think about, this time it was out of excitement—Not fear. I wanted to feel my mate inside of me.

"Kailen," I said. I could feel my heart beating as I prepared to say what I was about to say. He stared at me intently, and as I opened my mouth, nothing seemed to come out. Literally nothing.

I stood there, mouth gaping like a bloody fucking fish. And he just stared at me.

"Estrella, what is it?" He asked curiously, grinning as he snaked his arm around my waist. His grin made me realize that he knew what I was trying to ask. He knew what I wanted but he was gonna make me say it.

I was embarrassed to ask him for sex. Even though I knew he wanted it, it still made me feel scandalous to ask him for it.

But eventually I gathered up the courage to tell him that I wanted to fuck, and I opened my mouth to speak.

"I wanna-"

But just as I began to say it, his phone rang. And it wasn't his personal phone, it was his work phone, so even if he wanted to ignore it, it was probably best to answer it.

Kailen frowned as he yanked the phone out, muttered a quick apology to me, and answered it.

"Hello?" He asked, his voice filled with annoyance. I knew why he was annoyed, I mean I was too. Every time we tried to do something, we were interrupted. We barely ever got any time together, which I guess was one of the downfalls of being the Luna.