Tessandra~

No AN today.

__________________________________________________________________________

"So wait," Calypso said, "Your previous mate actually ripped your throat out?"

I nodded awkwardly.

"And the Moon Goddess just suddenly brought you back?"

I nodded awkwardly again.

Calypso pulled her knees up to her chest, looking absolutely dumbfounded. I didn't understand why she was though, I told her this a few weeks ago, and to this day she was still acting sketched out. I figured she would have at least had enough time to process this already...Apparently not.

"I just don't get it. I mean, I've never met a person who came back to life without a witch resurrecting them. It's just...bizarre."

"And bringing someone back from the dead in general isn't?" I asked, and she shrugged.

"I mean in the witch world, it's not that unheard of. I can't resurrect anyone, I'm not that powerful," She paused, "But I've met witches who could."

As she said this, there was a little puzzle in my head. And I was quickly starting to put the pieces together.

"And my mom...Was she one of those witches?"

Calypso stared me down for a second, as if she was contemplating telling me. But why wouldn't she tell me? She had already told me more than she was supposed to. Why was she hesitant on telling me the rest?

It's not like I didn't have a right to know. I mean it was about my mother. My back-stabbing, lying, manipulative excuse for a mom. I still wanted to know.

"Calypso," I interrupted her thinking, "Whatever you're planning on not telling me, I would strongly suggest otherwise."

I gave her a pointed look. Though I was being a bitch, I didn't really care. She was trying to hide something from me, something that I had a right to know. I had had enough of people keeping things from me, so God forbid if I got a little bitchy with someone who was planning on hiding shit.

Calypso looked taken back by my lack of friendliness, but she quickly began to speak.

"Yes, Tessandra was one of those witches."

I stared at her somewhat intrigued.

"Your mom...She was incredible. She could resurrect anything and anyone without so much as blinking. And it wasn't just resurrecting that she was skilled at. It was everything."

Calypso spoke so highly of my mother, it almost seemed to me like she admired her. I mean watching the way her eyes lit up as she spoke about my mother made me wonder how well she actually knew her.

She was talking about her as if they were best friends.

"How did you actually know my mom?" I asked, cutting her off. Though I enjoyed learning all of this fascinating stuff that my mother never bothered to tell me, I had questions and I needed answers.

She looked at me, slightly taken back. As if the answer should have been something obvious. And maybe it was obvious, maybe I was just fucking dumb or something. So what? I made up for that in other ways.

Calypso looked as if she was about to answer me but before she could even get a sentence out her door opened. We both jumped slightly, and we snapped our heads towards the door, which revealed Esma. Having been so invested in what I was learning, I completely forgot that we weren't alone in her house.

So it was pretty shocking to see Esma standing there with her hands on her hips.

"Watcha talking about?" She asked, peering at us from the doorway. Her long red hair was tied up into a ponytail, as she looked at us like we were children who were just caught doing something we weren't supposed to.