The Evil and Not~

Hello my friends, I hope you all are doing great today. No AN, so just enjoy the chapter!

_____________________________________

There was an aspect about betrayal that I just couldn't wrap my head around, that no matter how hard I tried, my brain just refused to comprehend it. I couldn't understand why anyone would betray someone—Especially someone who was so close to them...Someone who was nearly their family.

How could you betray them?

I guess I would never understand why. I guess it just wasn't in my blood to betray anyone.

But even though I hadn't betrayed anyone, I had been betrayed by everyone who ever mattered in my life. Whether it was a minor betrayal, or a major betrayal, it had happened. First by my parents, then by Morgan, and then it went down the line.

Hell, even Kailen had betrayed me. Though his betrayals didn't hurt me anymore. Just like Zach's, his had been forgiven a while ago. There were some other betrayals that I was willing to forgive, but the betrayal from my parents, and the betrayal from Savannah...Those weren't ones I was willing to forgive.

Those weren't ones that I could forgive, even if I wanted to.

Two of them lied to me, and hell they even faked their own deaths—As far as I knew. They could be dead. They could be alive. But what difference did it make? They were as good as dead to me. And well the other one helped orchestrate a mass murder on their own pack, killing a total of thirty-three wolves, including pups.

I knew I had Harrison to blame for the attack as well, but the fact that the only woman friend I had in this pack betrayed me, hurt more than that dumb ass Harrison's did. So excuse me if I was a little more upset over Savannah betraying me than I was Harrison.

But it wasn't like Savannah and Harrison wouldn't be paying for their crimes. They killed pack members. In werewolf world—Actually in any world—Killing your family was a heinous crime. So because they made the decision to kill our pack, the pack had made the decision to kill them.

They would be thrown to the pack later today, where only the Moon Goddess could help them. But she wouldn't. She never spared a second chance to people like Savannah and Harrison. She hated murders just as much as we did.

Though some might argue that we were being murderers by executing them, others would say it was justice. Which is exactly what it was. It was the justice that the pack needed to move on. Nobody would be able to move on with Savannah and Harrison still breathing.

That was their fate.

But before Savannah's life ended, I needed to talk to her. I needed to know why she did what she did. I needed to know why she betrayed me.

I stood in front of her cell, staring in at her. Her head was hanging down, but when the loud screeching of the cell door opening filled the room, she groggily lifted her head up. Her soul-less, brown eyes met mine, and it bothered me to see that there was absolutely no emotion in them.

There was no anger, no fear, no regret. Nothing. Her eyes were completely lifeless. She looked as if she was inhabiting a body that didn't belong to her anymore, like her brain was on autopilot. I could see that she'd already accepted her fate.

That didn't stop me from going into the cell. I had questions, and I needed answers. I turned around to look at the guard, who gave me a nod as I did, before he scampered away. I turned my attention back to Savannah, who was bound tightly to a silver chair.

I observed the burns on her body which were from the silver, noticing how they weren't healing. I knew that this was a way to keep her in pain up until her death, to make sure her very last moments were as uncomfortable as possible. But quite frankly, she didn't deserve anything less.