Perfect~

Hey hey heyyy. Sorry it's been a bit. But I finish classes in two weeks, and then I'll have so much more time to write. I'll definitely be able to finish this story by the end of January. And then I'll have a new story in the makings! Any suggestions? Any sequels you'd like to see? Please let me know.

Please vote and show some love!

_______________________________________________________________________

Fuck death.

However normal it had become in this pack, it never hurt any less, it was never any easier. Watching the people around me drop like flies, quicker than one could even think, was one of the hardest things in the world.

Knowing that my friends and family had a greater chance at dying than they did living, pissed me off. It shouldn't be that way. We shouldn't be living our lives wondering who's going to lose theirs next.

We should be living without fear.

But we weren't.

Not even after we executed two of our pack members, not after we sunk down to their level. We still didn't feel safe. We didn't feel as if we could live without the shadow of death at our backs.

But since we were werewolves, that wouldn't ever change. We always were at risk of dying. Whether it was through a rogue attack, an explosion, or even your own mate killing you, there was always a chance of dying.

And we needed to live with that. We needed to accept the fact that no matter where we went, there was a possibility that death was right beside us, if not in front of us.

Still, it never got any easier to see those you loved die.

And even though I didn't love or even remotely care for Harrison, I did deeply care for Savannah.  She was one of my first friends in this pack, one of the first girls in the pack who didn't look at me as if she wanted me dead. She was the closest thing that I got to a sister.

And then she fucked it up.

Now she's gone.

I doubted she would be a star. In fact, knowing the Moon Goddess, she put her in the darkest place possible, all alone. So there was a chance that I would never see Savannah again...Unless I failed what the Moon Goddess had sent me here to do. Then I'd probably end up in the same place as her.

But really, as long as I was with Kailen, I didn't care where the crazy lady put me. Star or not, I had found my love--My true mate. She would have to pry my cold, dead claws out of him to get me to leave him. 

Otherwise, it wasn't happening.

I smiled at the thought of the Moon Goddess trying to pry me off of my mate. Though I criticized her quite a bit, deep down I knew she wanted to see me succeed. I knew that as much as I pretended she was against me, she was one of my biggest supporters. She was rooting for my happiness.

I couldn't dislike her, no matter how hard I tried.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, and I fished it out. I looked at it, seeing that I had a message from Kailen. This was unusual, seeing as though whenever he needed something, he usually just used the mate link.

So I opened his text message, smiling as soon as I saw it.

I made you lunch. I'm at the house if you want it.

My stomach instantly growled at the thought of Kailen's cooking. That man knew how to cook. I mean his food tasted like it was sent from the gods. And well mine...Was barely edible. I really needed to learn how to cook.