Kailen ~

Heyyy, hope everyone's having a good day! Playing Kailen is the guy in the picture because I'm in love with him. Anyways, let's get straight to the chapter. Don't forget to comment and vote please!!
__________________________________

It was dead silent in the small cell, as both Kailen and I were locked in a stare-off. Kailen sat in a chair, and I sat on the ground, peering up at him.

The first thing I noticed is how young he looked for an alpha. He looked maybe early twenties at most, given he still kind of had a baby face free of wrinkles. An older alpha would probably already have gray hair, but this dude had brown hair which was pushed back. I couldn't lie, it was pretty sexy. But then I noticed his eyes. They were a deep blue, like the deepest parts of the ocean.

The pain in his eyes was obvious to me, but they were heavily masked by a cold stare. His whole demeanor matched his eyes, and even though I'd already guessed he was an asshole, I had a feeling it went a lot deeper than that.

I had a feeling that this man had some deep rooted issues, and that I was barely just seeing the tip of the iceberg.

Scars went up and down his arms, which he tried to hide with tattoos. The only reason I could even see the scars was because I was naturally observant.

I didn't even have to guess that he was your typical broken, ruthless, twisted alpha. I could tell just by the way he held himself. He was completely shut off.

Of course the moon goddess gave me a mate that I would have to fix.

I mean who did she think I was? Bob the fucking builder? I was never good at fixing things, including men.

I watched him as he continued to stare into my soul, trying to figure out who I was. I wondered if he could see my pain as well, if he could realize that him and I weren't completely opposite. However, I figured he wasn't as observant as I was, when he started to question me.

"Who are you?" He asked, and I shrugged. I knew that acting nonchalant would probably piss him off, but it was better than showing him that he scared me.

"Estrella."

"That's not what I meant," He replied coldly, "I meant, why are you here?"

To be your mate. Is what I wanted to say, but I figured catching an attitude probably wouldn't be the wisest decision.

I looked down at my chipped nails, anxiously picking at the skin around them. I was gonna tell him the truth no doubt, but I was just preparing myself to be labeled as a psycho and be kept in this cell for the remainder of my life. I knew that me telling him my whole life story would probably result in him despising me, simply because he would think I was a liar. But it was a risk I had to take.

I glanced back up at Kailen, who I could tell was growing impatient even though it had only been a couple of seconds. I thought quickly to form an answer in my head, finally coming up with the best way to put it.

"Basically the moon goddess kicked me out of the sky because I didn't shine bright enough, and now she expects me to fall in love with you."

As soon as I saw his reaction, I knew he thought I was crazy. He began to chuckle and he placed his head in his hands. He shook his head slightly before he looked back up, immediately dropping his smile.

"Nice try, now what's the truth."

Though he had just been laughing a couple of seconds ago, his stone cold demeanor proved that those laughs weren't anywhere near genuine.

I let out an irritated sigh, as I stared at him.

"I just told you the truth," I replied, "I'm a fallen star."