The Hex~

Welcome back everyone, hope you're enjoying the story so far. Enjoy your last peaceful chapter for a while.

__________________________________

We had been at the witches house for a few hours now, and while everyone seemed to be having a blast, including myself, I was dying to talk to Calypso. I wanted to know what she knew. So I patiently waited for her to branch off, and when she did, I excused myself. Thankfully, everyone was too engrossed in their family reunion to notice me sneaking off.

I went upstairs to where I heard she was, and I knocked on the door. I knew I could've just entered if I really wanted to, but that would be rude. Plus I had already followed her up here, I didn't need her thinking I was some stalker.

The door open, and for a second she seemed taken back to see me. But almost instantly, her shock morphed into pleasantness. She smiled, and I returned it.

"Estrella," She greeted, "What's up?"

I looked around briefly, making sure nobody was around. What I was about to ask, I didn't want anyone else to listen in. So I spoke in a hushed tone.

"Earlier, you said I looked like my mother," Her smile dropped, "What do you know about her?"

Calypso glanced out into the hallway, as if she was also checking to make sure nobody was around. When she believed that we were safe from eavesdropping ears, she pulled me into her room, and closed the door behind us.

Immediately, I took noticed of all of the candles and crystals and plants in her room. And though I had guessed that her room would look a little bit witchy, I didn't expect it to look straight out of a movie.

I didn't have time to get a full observation of her room, because she started speaking.

"Okay, so before I tell you anything, I need you to promise to not tell anyone..."

"Why-"

"Because we all made a promise not to speak about it to you. I've already fucked that up once today."

By "we" did she mean the witches?

"Do you mean the witches?"

"Oh yeah, just us. Your mate doesn't know."

This brought me a slight sense of relief. I was thankful that Kailen didn't know, since he would've been keeping whatever secret it is, from me. And if he lied to me, or kept anything from me, I don't know how I'd be able to trust him.

I nodded at, promising not to tell anyone. But when I promised not to tell anyone, it didn't include my mate. And I felt bad that I lied to her, but Kailen and I needed to be on the same page. We needed to know the same things.

Anything that I knew, he would know. It was the best way to keep our mate bond strong and to protect our pack.

Calypso sat on her bed across from me, and before she began to speak, she looked down. I thought she was being a bit dramatic, but hell, maybe what she was about to tell me was dramatic.

After she seemed to think to herself for a bit, she began.

"Your mother was a witch."

Now this was a way to start a conversation. It completely caught me off guard, and I fought to hold my composure. But despite everything I did, I couldn't. My jaw nearly dropped to the floor. I mean, what other way was I supposed to respond to that?

But then as I thought about it more, I began to doubt what Calypso had told me. Though my mom had died when I was young, and I didn't remember much from her, there were times where she was a wolf. There were times where I had physically seen her shift.