16: Kisses

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "Fever to the Form"
B Y : Nick Mulvey

"So I will follow the feeling
And sing fever to the form"

I sat on the edge of my bed. I bring my hand slowly to my lips and graze them. Corban had almost kissed me. I wasn't sure what I felt about it. It was fast, really fast. But I can't help the feeling that wonders what it would have felt like.

Would it be rushed and frantic? Slow? Would he hold me, or would we be awkwardly apart? How was it even possible for me to crave something that I have never known? My mind raced and I wanted the answers. Answers that I was scared of.

This added so much strain to the bond. It is driving me crazy. It was an incessant high buzzing in the back of my mind. I thought that it would eventually go away on its own, but it never did. It was inducing me into mind-blowing headaches that left me disabled.

I groan in annoyance, and Dog curls up on my feet, looking up and whining.

"What am I going to do, Dog?" I whisper. I could really use a visit from Collet right now. She would know exactly what to say and tell me what to do. In all honesty, I probably wouldn't do what she said. But I still wouldn't mind the option. There was a tiny voice in the back of my head that told me to go to Corban.

To go back. Back to his pack and the people that were over there. At first, I laughed at the idea, walking right into their clutches.

It had been a couple weeks since Corban and I had almost kissed, and since then, I have felt him in my mind. He knows that I was thinking about coming to the pack. I could feel his high hopes and his little urges to get me to come. The connection between the two of us had been growing a lot that made me want to listen to him. It still didn't feel right, even if I wanted it to at times.

Today I plan to get more food. Hopefully, I'll find a deer or a couple rabbits. If I saw a moose, I would probably cry. I seriously doubt that I would find one.

Leaving Dog with a bowl of water and some food scraps, I climb down my treehouse in search for suitable food.

I walk down my usual hunting grounds with my bow in my hand and knife in my pocket. My stomach growled. I was so hungry. My jutted out ribs showed that. I spot some scat by a tree and see that it's fresh. It's small, so I'm assuming a raccoon or possum since it's not pellet-like, but tubular.

I head north and hope the trail doesn't dead end. With my luck, it will, or it's somewhere high in a tree sleeping. Raccoons are nocturnal, so if one is out and about, it could be diseased. But I am desperate enough, so it doesn't really matter.

After what feels like hours, I still hadn't found anything. I didn't want to give up, but the signs were not looking good. Then I heard a collection of voices. Female ones. I cursed under my breath as I looked around for a place to hide. I could climb up a tree, but these ones looked sketchy at best. I had to settle with hiding behind one and praying for the best. I peeked around and saw that they had large black cloaks.

They were walking with rogues. These were not witches, they're bats. A whole lot of them. There had to be around seven to ten. In any case. I wasn't safe. Not at all. I quickly ran off in the direction of the treehouse before they could see me. I could hear Dog whining before I even climbed up. That's when I saw more rogues and bats in the brush. They were surrounding me. I had to leave. My heart felt like it was racing a mile a minute.