41: Spells

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "Legendary"
B Y : Welshly Arms

M E R E K
(yes you read this correctly)

We were in shambles. It took another day for Corban to fully wake up, and when he did, his wolf forced him to shift. He ran for the entirety of the day, calling out for Ember, who seemed to drop off the face of the earth after Collet took her.

None of us have any idea where she's being kept, and hope is running dry like the desert. We have two days until the eclipse, and no one knows what to do. Our only hope is to find the exact field where this will take place and hopefully stop them.

With everything falling apart, we reached out to Rylan and explained the situation. He wasn't swayed by the fact of Ember in Collet's grasp. Still, when we informed him of what that meant and what the sacrifice would do to our species, he put all differences aside, and we joined forces.

Daniel and Easton have been busy in the training fields with warriors. Wolves started just showing up to our pack, and when we explained that the rumors were true, they then informed their packs, and before we knew it, all of the pack regions were with us. East Atlantic Pack, North Shore Pack, West Border Pack, and the South Forest Pack. All wolves were coming together to defend their species.

At one point, even a few witches from covens practicing magic from the four elements started showing up. Usually, Nullas like me are outcast in the witch community, but these witches were looking to me as their leader. The feeling was amazing, and I almost felt bad for having such good feelings in such a terrible time.

But I still feared that all we are doing still won't be enough. I worry that no matter what we do, we will still fail.

I've been focusing on communicating with the ancestors trying to figure out a way to prevent Kaspars from rising. They seemed reluctant to tell me something, and it only made me push further into their realm to figure out what it could be.

So that brings me to where I am now. Meditating and communicating to them, begging practically on my knees for answers in ways that we can stop this madness.

'Please,' I begged.

'The magic you beg of is strong. Almost impossible for a nulla. It could bring your death.' Their voices are mixed together, and if you weren't expecting it, it would scare the shit out of anyone. All the ancestors, all past witches, speak as one after they pass and move on to our own realm.

'But there is a way. Please. What is it? I will find a way to keep the balance.' I heard mixed chatter, arguing. It was an odd experience, and the voices were so loud that I felt my ears might burst. Finally, I hear something that is possible to make out.

'There's a spell. A branch off of the simple protection spell. If cast on the sacrifice, the sacrifice would only die temporarily.' My brows furrow.

'Temporarily?' I question.

'The sacrifice will die, And for a brief amount of time, Kaspars will rise. But when the spell takes root, the sacrifice will awaken, and balance will be restored once more.' My eyes grow wide, and I can't help the small smile that spreads across my face.

'How? How do I do it? Do I get another witch?' I question, and the voices once again begin arguing. I squeezed my eyes in pain, and then it fell silent.