23: Demons

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

This is also the chapter you all have been subconsciously waiting for, and thank you all SO MUCH for getting to 500 reads happy double update!

*Discalmer* This chapter covers topics of abuse. Please know your limits if topics like this are triggering. And no matter how hard it may seem, please try to reach out to somebody. *Disclaimer*

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "Deep End"
B Y : Ruelle

"I'm slipping
into the deep end
I'm in over my head
I can't catch my breath"

A week had passed since I stupidly admitted to falling for Corban. But it was the truth, and I will own up to it. He shows me everything that I thought I couldn't have, thought that I didn't deserve. I'm done pretending to feel nothing towards him because I feel so much. I may not be able to explain all of it. I just know that it's good and I want to explore it.

Unfortunately, as of late, I have noticed something off about him. I can tell that there is something he wants to say to me but is too afraid to say it. I'll catch him looking at me, and he'll open his mouth to say something but always, without fail, decides against it. It was starting to worry me.

I had been meaning to ask him about it but never found the opportunity. At times I found myself just hoping that it would blow over. He would stop acting weird, and then we can put everything behind us. I didn't see that happening, though.

Currently, I was sitting with Reagan, Easton, and Dog in the pack dining hall, stuffing my face with a huge turkey sandwich. Every now and then, I would give Dog a piece of Turkey which he would take, put in his mouth, spit it out, then eat it again. This process repeated over and over again. I heard Easton laugh. I take another huge bite out of my sandwich and glare at Easton.

"What?" I question, and he just laughs again.

"You sure do have an appetite." He laughs. Reagan rolls her eyes and shoves him.

"Seriously, woman?" He sighs. She shoves him again, this time harder. I took another bite of my sandwich, trying to not pay them too much attention and focused most of mine on Dog. I feel like ever since I came over here, he has been getting less and less attention.

"Would you shut it?! She is obviously stressed." Reagan huffs I lock eyes with her and take another bite from my sandwich. Do not engage. I told myself.

"About what?" Easton inquiries looking at me. Reagan goes to shove him again, but he catches both of her wrists. Her eyes go wide, and she tries to jerk them away. Easton smirks. "Easton... let go of me." She mutters. He shakes his head.

"I'll never let go of you, Rea. you make me crazy, and I have to keep my eye on people who do that to me." Reagan lets out a humorless laugh.

"I make you crazy? Me? You drive me mad Easton. Mad!" Reagan yells, attempting to get her hands back. Easton smirks, leaning forward to whisper something in her ear. I take another bite of my sandwich and frown, realizing that that was my last bite.

"And you love it." I don't think I was supposed to hear that. I avert my gaze after Easton lets her go, but then he grabs my attention.

"What's bothering you, Ember?" Easton asks softly. Then it's like he has a light bulb moment.