39: Found

The songs I add before a chapter hint to the feelings and messages that will rise within it. It gives my characters a real voice. It brings them to life. All songs will be provided! :) And the playlist is on spotify!

Everyone please make way for the king, the legend, the man you made me jealous of a watermelon, one of my many, many, many celebrity boyfriends....

S O N G F O R C H A P T E R : "Sign of the Times"
B Y : Harry Styles

C O R B A N

It took us longer to find Collet's hut then we thought. We were wrong about where it actually was, and for a while, we found ourselves completely lost once again. It was completely aggravating. Days passed, and there were only three days left until the eclipse. And things all seemed to be going downhill.

We were nowhere near ready.

Reagan and her mate James had a group of men ready to fight for us. She was looking for Ember around North Shore. I told her it wasn't worth it. That I don't think Ember would go there, but she said that she had to do something.

"I don't understand. Where the hell is it?" Easton growls. I shake my head, looking around. I remember these landmarks from when Ember and I came here the first time. It should be right here. Merek shakes his head.

"This is wrong. We are right; it should be here. There's tons of energy here. It's like we're standing on it." Merek says even though it seems as though he is talking more to himself than to us. He paces back and forth, and I can practically see the gears turning inside his head.

"A cloaking spell," he says, and I snap my attention to him.

"What?" I question.

"A real one, the kind that Collet used on Ember. This is the place. The hut is right here; we just can't see it because of a spell. It's the only explanation. I can literally feel magic in the air." I furrow my brows.

"So, what do we do?" I question, still lost on how this will help us.

"Shit!" Merek says and runs to the forest line we all follow suit as he takes cover by a ridge. "Just because we can't see Collet doesn't mean that she can't see us. I bet my life that she has been watching us this entire time."

"Dammit," Daniel mutters under his breath

"And if Ember isn't already with Collet..." Easton begins to ponder, but I finish his thought.

"Then, she knows that she's missing." I pull at my hair. This is bad. If things were already not looking good, everything just got a whole fuck ton worse.

"Ember has to be-" I trail off when I look to my side. There are cliffs in the distance and standing on the ledge, is a figure. A figure that is laced inside my mind.

It's Ember.

"Stay here," I say quickly to Daniel, Easton, and Merek while I quickly make my way to where Ember is standing. I stand about six feet away from her. She hasn't noticed me yet, so I take this time to just be in her presence.

Her hair has grown so much since the day I first met her. The light brown locks flow loosely in the wind and wrap around her strong yet petite figure. Her arms hug herself as she looks out over the cliff to the rest of the forest below. I feel like words will ruin this moment, but I can't stay silent any longer.

"Em..." I say just above a whisper, and her head whips around so that she is looking at me. Her features are flushed. Her pink cheeks contrast against her pale skin and freckles. She almost doesn't seem real. It's like I'm seeing her for the first time again.