Chapter Six: Roundhouse Robbery.

Last nigh Jughead brought me to Pops and he explained the situation.

He left me at his dads trailer and came back hours later when I was warmed up and told me what happened when I drowned under the surface and told me who everyone is.

And Pop agreed to let me stay at the diner for one night but I had to work in exchange for my stay.

When Pop woke me up in the morning he didn't have any clothes for me yet so I just put on a black long sleeved crop top and some black high-waisted jeans with holes in the knees, threw on some white sneakers and laid a yellow, grey and black flannel on a bar stool. I was almost done. I topped that of with makeup and jewelry and I was ready to go.

I was ready for the day and did my job.

"Hi welcome at Pop's what can I get you?" I asked the man.

"Tell Pops its Archie and Fred's usual." He said nodding and smiling.

I smiled back and gave the order to Pop, then I went back to the man and sat in the booth before him.

"So your Archies dad, I presume?"

"Yeah, how'd you know him?" He asked with a laugh.

"He saved my friend Cheryl yesterday, did he tell you?" I asked with a frown leaning further in.

Laughing he answered. "When he walked to my front door clutching his bloodied fist he had too."

I smiled. "Seems right."

Then the familiair bell rang and Archie rushed inside and looked at me and his dad.

"Hey Casanova. I ordered your usual."

"Thanks dad, I'm just going to wash my hands." He said pointing to the bathroom and nodded towards me in a greeting manner.

I was having a casual conversation with Mr.Andrews but we stopped talking when we suddenly heard glass break.

"Show me the vault!"

A black hooded man stood there with a gun raised at Pop's head.

"You got a vault show me where it is."

"But I-I-I don't have a vault." Pops softly answered in a scared tone.

I slowly stood up and wanted to take the man out from behind but Pop shook his head at me softly with a warning look.

I didn't sat down but waited patiently for the mans next move.

"Where's the vault old man!?" He yelled again as he climbed onto the counter and grabbed Pop by his collar and held his gun to his head and he trashed everything of the counter.

Poor Pop answered the same as before.

"Show me where the vault is!"

The hooded man released Pop and then turned towards me and Fred Andrews.

The man jumped from the counter and started walking towards us, raising his gun.

"Give me your wallet!" He yelled at Archie's dad.

When Archie reappeared from the bathroom everything seemed like it was going in slow-motion.

His dad slowly shook his head at him but I couldn't take this anymore.

Suddenly Archie came rushing from the side trying to protect his dad.

Then he shoots.

I pushed away Archie and shoved Fred behind me to my left.

The bullet seemed to grazed my side and my hands grasped it tightly.

But when I turned around my eyes shot towards Archie's dad laid on the ground with a bullet wound to his side.

The hooded man forced Archie on his knees and told him to keep his hands on his head and he closed his eyes.

Then the hooded man grabbed Mr.Andrews wallet from the booth we just sat at.

"Archie!" I yelled making him open his eyes shocked.

"Archie, put pressure to the wound. I'll be right back," I yelled as I grabbed my jacket from the bar stool and pushed past Archie.
But he didn't seem to get out of his daze.

I lifted his shirt and I turned him around to see if the bullet went through.

Crap.

It didn't.

I dropped on the bloody floor and pushed the flannel to his side. I kicked Archie with my foot and he started moving.

"What are you doing?!" He yelled.

"Well at least I'm doing something!" I yelled back.

I searched Fred's Andrews jacket with a free hand and fished out his car keys.

"Archie! Get up and help me get your dad to his car." I yelled with a groan ignoring the pain in my side.

He pulled the keys from my hand and helped me get his dad up when I held pressure on the wound.

I started the car when Archie told me he couldn't really drive a car so I got in the drivers seat when he held my flannel to his dads wound.

Racing down the road Archie started getting impatient and complained the whole time. Not that it wasn't reasonable but he is not the only one that's stressed and in pain.

We arrived at the hospital and didn't bother to park the car.

I threw the door open and helped the other two out.

"Help please."

"Help. Hey, someone help me."

Archie was very quiet and desperate but he could never be heard with that voice.

"HELP! We got someone shot."

"Medic!"

A trail of blood followed us but little did they know it wasn't just Fred's blood that trailed behind them.

After I yelled there were nurses rushing our way with a rolling hospital bed.

The laid him on it quickly and kept my flannel clutched on his side.

They started asking us all kinds of question but Archie didn't seem to be functioning very well.

"I-I uh, he is, uhm. I don't know." He stuttered.

"Archie is he allergic to anything? Does he have any heart problems. Any deseases?" I asked desperately as I grabbed his collar with both my hands.

"Uhmm no." He murmured and I sighed.

"He's shot in the side, its one bullet."

"And the bullet is still in him!" I yelled at the doctor who nodded at me in thanks.

They started talking to Fred and I looked at him and I'm fucking scared for his life.

For this little time I knew him I knew he was a good father. I know he is a good man trying to do the good thing.

"Can you hear me? Tell me your name sir." The nurses tried talking to him.
But he was in way to much pain.

Believe me, been there buddy.

Archie kept pulling his bloody hands through his red hair and answered for him.

"His name is Fred Andrews." He said following the bed but I stopped him by gripping his collar again.

"Archie look at me. He is going to be ok, he is. Just sit down for a moment and try to calm yourself." I said to him calmly.

He looked at me angry and shoved me back with an accusing finger.

"This, this is all your fault."