Chapter Twenty-Nine: J-J.

"Then we walk into the Gilded Lily and there's Gal, again." Nick exclaimed with a laugh.

I let out a small chuckle as well as a Veronica and Cheryl. Veronica was on my left on a chair. And Cheryl sat on the same small couch as me but on the other side. But Archie was trying to figure out what he was telling as he was listening to Nicks story.

"Gal?" He asked while ousting his lips.

Cheryl turned her head and answered. "Gadot . Keep up Archie."

Veronica turned to her boyfriend and handed him her glass. "Archiekins. A refill, s'ill vous plait?"

I was leaning on my arms struggling to keep my head up really. My mead started aching a while ago and I was becoming tired. Even if I was literally dragged out of bed this morning my Toni. This party was kind of boring but still fun-ish at the same time. I let out a small sigh and closed my eyes for a second.

Nick sat down between Cheryl and I and her eave led something from the inside of his pocket. "Forget teetotaling. Let's move on to something with a little more kick." He said while siphoning everyone the sticks of the sweet drug.

I almost immediately wanted to jump up and ask him for one but that would make me look like an addict and that is a thing I am not. Even if I like the effects of some drugs I still, am not an addict of some sorts. I staid quit and pulled my lower lip between my teeth. Nick smirked at me before turning to Cheryl.

"Is that-?"

"Jingle-Jangle? Why. Yes, it is." Nick answered her question.

Reggie pointed towards them proudly and said. "I hooked them up."

Nick stood up from his place by setting his hand on my lower thigh and pushing himself up.

"Tasters? Who's up first?" He asked looking around the room.

I looked at Veronica who was already smiling at me and we nodded to each other. Maybe this isn't going to be boring after all. But Archie intervened. Ughh.

"Dude we told you, were not doing-   He started but was interrupted by Nick.

"Archie. Don't take this the wrong way, but you are an epic buzzkill." Nick said pointing the sticks towards him while chuckling.

He turned to Veronica and spoke. "Come on V. Like back in the day?"

Archie was conflicting her mind but I saw she wanted some of it. But she just a erred her gaze and chuckled,

"Aren't you supposed to be showing me a good time. Per daddy's orders?" He asked while holding out a stick for her.

"Down Nicky. I'm just getting going. And now that you mention it." Veronica started.

She turned to me and I nodded towards her again. Her eyes lit up and the decision was made

We answered in unison. "We're up.

Veronica started talking again to convince some of the others to tag along. "In fact. I would mind a little sugar to spice up this party." She answered all of their questioning stares.

From across the room I could see Betty scrunch up her nose in disgust at her words. Nick handed is a stick before sitting down between Veronica and I. Before Veronica even started talking again I was already downing the drug and received a few chuckles and disapproving stares from some others.

Veronica looked around the room in disbelief. "What? Every other night it's burgers and milkshakes. Can't we just cut loose and pretend we're normal for once?" She said while twirling around her stick in her fingers.

Cheryl stood up and pursed her lips. "I'm in."

Reggie also stood up. Of course he's in. "Me too." He said.

Cheryl turned around and faced Kevin while reaching out and clinging their glasses together.

I felt Nick turn around beside me and I felt the vibrations from his body disperse into the couch. "Pussycats. Care to partake?"

Josie grinned. Veronica turned to Betty with a huge smile. "Betty?"

"No."

"It's be fun." She continued.

"I said no V." Betty sternly answered again.

Veronica's face changed from mood and she answered her. "Okay. Relax Betty. This is strictly voluntary." V answered.

Nick laid his hand on my lower thigh again and leaned over to Veronica. "Perhaps we should decamp to the bedroom to not corrupt the country mice." He said in a soft voice.

He leaned back in the couch again and I stood up and walked over to the small table behind us. My hand floated over a varies of drinks before selecting a good tequila. First I stopped at a layer but after downing it I just filled the whole glass and sat back down on my seat my sipping it. For some it is impossible to just sip tequila because of the strong flavor but over the the days I've had already grown familiar with the taste.

"I changed my mind. I'm in." Archie said while slapping hepis knees and sitting down besides Veronica.

"Bravo Archie Andrews. There's that good, strong Riverdale stock I've been jonesing for." Said Nick while handing him one stock of Jingle-Jangle. Veronica chuckled while laying her hand upon Archie's arms.

I fell back in the couch while leaning my hand with my drink in it on the side of it. I sighed heavily and pulled a hand through my hair. I could still feel the effects from yesterday's and afternoon's drinking in my system. The drugs I just took and the tequila I was sipping was just filling the rest of my veins with alcohol and drugs. And a while later, I noticed the others were feeling the same effects the Jingle-Jangle would have on anyone else. But in my case. Evrything was way worse and heavier.