Chapter Twenty-Six: Swift Digits.

Jinx was actually furious about everything that was building up in her. The liquor only made that feeling stronger, she wasn't happy at all. It was like everything was falling down on her. Hiram Lodge bought her? Then being drugged by him, then what happened at The House of the Dead, the Black Hood, her brothers. Ughh.

"This is Neavys Jinyx." Hiram introduced her at the St.Clair's

She shook hand with the elder ones before her eyes landed on a handsome boy with dark hair and light eyes. He was already staring at her with this strange look in his eyes. He looked her up and down a few times before looking her in the eyes.

"Just call me Jinx." She smiled and held her hand out to what supposed to be Nick St.Clair.

But instead he turned it around and kissed it softly. "Consider me enchanted." He smiled charmingly.

She just smiled and he released her hand.

In the corner of her eye she saw him shoving his hands in his pockets and just looked her up and down a few times more.

*

They had dinner already, Hermione is a goddess in the kitchen Jinx found out. She made a lot effort to be polite and trying not to show that she was furious at everything and the fact she was a bit tipsy because of Hiram.

Archie just sat there mostly in his awkward silence but sometimes Veronica tried to involve him in the conversation but he just stayed silent most of the time. Nick just stayed looking at Jinx and she glanced him a few times. This earned her a few smirk from Nick but she just ignored those.

After the dinner was done the adults just wanted to talk business on their own and Nick, Veronica ,Archie and I went inside Veronica's bedroom.

Veronica led the way to her room, after that followed Archie and behind him were Nick and I. He escorted me with his hand on the small of my back and we walked inside.

"I'm so glad you are getting this chance to meet. Although your brown-nosing at dinner was over-the-top Nicky." Said Veronica.

Archie sat down backwards in a chair and Veronica closed the door behind them. Nick flopped down on her bed while propping a pillow behind his head. And Jinx sat down on the other side of the bed and let herself fall back and closed her eyes. Nick stared down at her but looked back up after a while.

"How dare you? I love your mother's flan." He answered with a sigh.

Veronica walked over to the bed with a smile and shoved of his feet from the bed. Then she walked back to Archie and nick sat straight on the bed next to her head.

Jinx took this as a good chance and laid flat on her stomach and let her arms and head drape from the edge. She wasn't going to lie. She did feel better after that alcohol when it actually began to kick in.

"Although, I still have room for more dessert." He said while standing up and pulling a small bottle from his fancy jacket.

Archie looked at him with a 'Are you serious?' Look but didn't say anything when he held his hand at Veronica's nose.

"Here." He said coming closer to her.

Veronica turned her head and politely declined. "No thank you. I'm full." She said while shaking her head.

"Veronica Lodge turning down a bump. What a brave new world it is." He said slightly turning away.

"How about it Big Red?" He asked again while holding his arm with the sweet drug on his hand.

Everyone already knows his answer already. And he softly shook his head to confirm that.

Nick came down to a Jinx head level and laid a hand on the back of her head. "Do you want some?" He softly asked.

She made a thinking noise for a second but then she thought, 'maybe I could feel better' so she did it.

"Sure." She answered while she propped her head op and leaned on her arms. Nick smiled at her when she was done and then turned away to the corner again.

"So not everyone here in this town is boring." He said turning around again.

"But what is it what you country mice do for fun up here?" He asked while taking a look around the room.

"Catch lighting bugs with mason jars?" He continued.

Jinx softly laughed and Archie looked at him with that look again.

"No we-".  "Basically." Archie and Veronica said in unison.

When Jinx lifted her head again and leaned on her left arm to look at them she saw Veronica's hand on Archie's shoulders and them looking at each other awkwardly.

Nick sat down at the window and got something of a big black clothing doll that stood in her room. "Ronnie."

"What kind of kink is this?" He asked while pulling out a headband with cat ears.

Veronica tried snatching it from his hands while answering. "I wear them when playing with Josie and the Pussycats."

Jinx looked at her with confusion before asking her question. "I didn't know you were with the Pussycats. I would love to hear sometimes." She smiled while sitting upward.

Veronica smiled at her and put the cat ears back in it's place.

"Your in a band, called the Pussycats?" Nick asked again while standing up from his place next to the window.

Chuckling he started talking again. "Just when I thought the girls here couldn't get any sexier." He said while looking back at Jinx again that was rolling over so she laid with her hand propped under her head while facing Archie and Veronica.

Archie looked like he was done with this shit but still didn't talk.

*

Later when the parents of nick announced they would leave to their rooms in the Five Seasons hotel Archie and Veronica were talking in the corner of the room and Jinx was sitting on the bed with her legs crossed and arms behind her.

She was giggling and laughing the whole time at what the boy Sat.Clair said and the small jokes and flirtations he aimed towards her. Then Nick came a bit closer to her and held his lips against her left ear.

She didn't feel any hot breaths or so because the alcohol and drugs were really affecting her.

He sighed before whispering in her ear. "I'm hosting a party tomorrow night at my hotel room in the Five Seasons at 10 o'clock. You're the first one invited. Can I have your number to text you the number?" He asked pulling away again to see her reacting.

She softly giggled and pulled her phone from her pocket. But she also dropped her keys of the bike, trailer and it her keys that clung to each other.

She unlocked her phone and gave it to nick with a small. But when he was about to type in his digits he got distracted with the cleavage she was showing when she went to pick up the keys.

When she came back up he swiftly typed in the numbers and handed back her phone with a charming smile and a wink.

"I guess it's time to go if your going as well." Jinx said standing up and looking at her friends.

"Nick! We're leaving." Mr. St.Clair said while knocking the door of the room.

Nick also stood up with a sigh. "And I think that's my cue to go." He told them.

The both said their goodbyes and when they were down stairs André handed her her coat and after she pulled it over her arms she grabbed the black sports helmet.

Before she put on her helmet she saw a nick stare at her before their car. It looked like the man from the cab was waiting for him to step in but that only happened after she put on the helmet and drove away.

With a chuckle he turned away and stepped inside the cab. 'That's hot.' He thought.